2023 the year of new Traktor hardware?

Options

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,795 Expert
    Options

It was not one year, but three years. D2/S5 were introduced 2Q2015 and discontinued 2Q2018.

They still work just fine. At least under Win.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Ok 3 years (well…less in facts: announced April 7th 2015, discontinued February 6th 2018…not even 3 years, 2 years and 10 months)…and this sounds normal? Not to me, sorry.

But you are right, they still work just fine (cause we are lucky Win is not Mac and doesn’t mess everything at every single new OS release…so this is not NI service, but pure luck).

And this is exactly why I’m so thrilled: good product, works very well…and you discontinue it only after 2 years and 10 months, putting everything in luck’s hands…why oh why????

(Spoiler: the answer is: to sell you another controller with the same (or less) functionalities, after you spent 1000 bucks for 2 D2s which had support for only 2 damned years and 10 damned months…always if you bought them on day one… Or to avoid you to resell them, cause people will tell you they are old…so they would have new users buy their new product and you…wanting to buy their new product too, since you are scared that your actual one will not work anymore in a couple of days. Good support for 1000 bucks product…)

But if you are ok with this…nothing else to say…

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,795 Expert
    Options

I bought my D2s secondhand at time it was not EOT, from a guy who bought four of them, but it was possible to use only two.... They were unused....

My guess is, NI has been terminated them as they did not sell well. Similar with Maschine Jam. Great underrared controller.

• sjenkin
    sjenkin Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I owned a pair of D2s and I loved them. I sold them for only a couple of bucks less than I paid for them. I can't see how what you are saying is an argument for no new hardware. I would 100% buy an update to the D2s. What I really want is a modular controller option outside of the x1, screens are a must and a jogwheel would be great.

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

does anyone have any news about the release of new hardware like z2 mixer or something?

• markski
    markski Member Posts: 26 Helper
    edited April 2023
    Options

Honestly, I'd rather NI pushed the price of Traktor up and integrated with more 3rd party hardware than commit more resource to releasing their own.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

It has been really quiet on the NI hardware front in general for several years now. I don't hold too much hopes, at least for the near future.

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 88 Helper
    Options

You're not wrong. Single deck version of the S4mk3 would be all I want.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,306 Expert
    Options

As we said…they existed…but NI never showed love for the D2s…except at their launch…to sell them to me 😂

• Riso-Musik
    Riso-Musik Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have an S5 which still works very well but the latest updates to Traktor are just too little, too late. I have been a loyal customer for many years but I have moved to Pioneer and Serato Pro.I don't like the UI of Serato but it offers far more than Traktor.

• Deejayenzo
    Deejayenzo Member Posts: 42 Helper
    Options

i am a traktor user since 2010 , 13 years old . I think traktor is focusing on producers and not on club djs. now he has abandoned club DJs. I'm seriously considering switching to serato.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

It looks like 2023 will the year :)

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Whether they achieve it is another story altogether. We know targets get set and agreed then they don’t meet them. Who knows. At some point this year I reckon another build will go out. That’s how low my expectations are right now.

• Alex Partyz
    Alex Partyz Member Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I wonder who this immortal who offers to be on the alert? who is he if the last activity of the ni traktor command is absent.😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣