Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Well, what if you name your first pattern with the name "Pattern (1)"? Wouldn't that solve your problem, as then the following patterns would be named Pattern (2), Pattern (3) and so on..

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 367 Pro
    edited February 2022
    Options

Any chance we can have an instruction on how to make a usable quote on this thing?

tetsuneko said:

Well, what if you name your first pattern with the name "Pattern (1)"? Wouldn't that solve your problem, as then the following patterns would be named Pattern (2), Pattern (3) and so on..

Firstly, renaming things really slows things down and for my purposes I don't want bracketed patterns because I find them a useless hindrance. If I use Pattern 1 I want it to be named Pattern 1 or whatever I name it. The only reason I can think of for some bracketed integer is if I made a pattern that is in part derived from a previous pattern and that that was as a reference.

Being able to think of a process that used copy / make unique to reference the 'parent' pattern might be useful, but not if it causes confusion and unnecessary clutter /readability issues. Maschine + users can't rename things, can they?

With scenes having them follow a straightforward increasing number is really useful to people who work like I do to see exactly where they are. Having to rename things ruins the workflow.

Now I can see that for some, even badly implemented, that the new behaviour is useful and have asked repeatedly for it to be optional in preferences to no avail. What on earth is the point of having a beta team if they aren't consulted or listened to on something so major.

If something is slower and more difficult than it was 2 years ago, how is that an improvement?

Surely change should be an improvement.....

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

@Kubrak wrote:

there are not clear revenues Maschine brings

Finally! A glimpse of insight how our economy works!

I’m wondering for years how Maschine development is financed. Free updates since the version 2.0 release in 2013, almost 9 years ago. What generates income? Either they’re selling new Maschine devices like crazy, or it is cross financed. By Expansions, for example.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

@tempsperdu wrote:

Maschine + users can't rename things, can they?

Yes, we can! (but it’s a PITA)

What on earth is the point of having a beta team if they aren't consulted or listened to on something so major.

That is the One Million Dollar question!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,800 Expert
    edited February 2022
    Options

Surely change should be an improvement.....

Well, we have the saying: "Every change is to worse." Maybe NI has hired few guys from my country. And they do implement it. ;-)

Any chance we can have an instruction on how to make a usable quote on this thing?

I was wondering for a week or so, how to do it. Thanks to you I found it!!!!! Copy and paste the quote text to comment window. And click the sign left of paragraph outside the box/frame. Minimenu opens, click quotes. Menu opens, click Quote.

It is simple and definitely done by my comrades. Every change is to worse. ;-)

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 367 Pro
    edited February 2022
    Options

Kubrak

It is simple and definitely done by my comrades. Every change is to worse. ;-)

Why thank you for that

Intuitive, innit :roll eyes:

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2022
    Options

@tempsperdu said:

Sure, here:

This is not an official quoting method, it's a workaround hacky way we have been using.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 132 Advisor
    edited February 2022
    Options

I still don’t quite understand the desire for M+, roughly equivalent to Maschine Mk3 but instead running on a 10 year old computer and supporting fewer things.

Is moving a device away from your computer/studio room really that appealing?

I can’t imagine starting to work on music in a room without acoustic treatment etc, or mixing in headphones… and being away from my keyboard controller etc..

I just don’t get the use case of it or the appeal.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2022
    Options

For an existing MAS-Controller user yeah, maybe... but if you notice a ton of the M+ users here are new and got one as their first Maschine device. I guess that was the point, to reach an audience that cares about standalone devices and doesn't care much about computers or simply prefers not to use them... It's not just about portability for them, if at all.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,800 Expert
    Options

Great!!!! That what has taken one click (fraction of second) in old forum, now takes several seconds. And pretty much effort, like coppying the name, which people do seldomly, being naturally lazy. If they find the way to make the citation.... So far, most fail to.

Is this sort of IQ test? Or some kind of psychological research? Or even slight form of torture? It is not just NI, Eventide also refreshed their Forum. And it has helped to reduce the traffic considerably (to one tenth, I guess), there.

We have one theatre play about the restaurant owner who hated guests and was happiest when the restaurant was empty.

• Koltovich
    Koltovich Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Maybe I did not understand the translation correctly (my native language is Russian), but there is no problem of duplication. You can make a choice in the settings. When creating a new scene, you can duplicate the same patterns there. This is useful if you need to make changes to a duplicate without affecting previous scenes that use the same pattern. You may not do this. In the settings there is a choice of 2 options (only scene and scene + pattern). Did I understand correctly that you wanted this?

• Koltovich
    Options

You just didn't appreciate the opportunity. Making independent duplication possible is a great idea from NI. You can make changes to the duplicate (pattern) and not affect the original! You don't have to use this action. There is a choice. The arrangement must change. It is bad tone to copy the same thing (verse - chorus - verse - chorus -...). Each new couplet should have new colors. These are not necessarily new parts and an abundance of new instruments. You can change just a few notes in a part more deliberately. And it won't sound the same anymore. Identical cubes are not interesting to listen to... The ABC of Arrangement.

• Koltovich
    Options

Compatibility with Apple right priority NI. We need to deal with this urgently.

• Koltovich
    Options
This discussion has been closed.