Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert

@basehead617 wrote:

Sadly I knew this would happen where all their engineering resources go toward follow on support for M+ and embedded performance (and to a lesser degree bare minimum OS compatibility, vst3, arm) rather than moving the software itself along.

There are different teams for Maschine Software and Maschine+. I don't see any relation to your gloomy predictions.

If anything, the Apple M1 and VST3 changes are binding resources, because that are real show stoppers.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2022

@Sergio Duran said:

Do not release more sound packs, this is more than saturated. Focus on improving the product that no one else has on the market.

It has been stated multiple times in the past that the sound design team has nothing to do with the developers therefore sound packs being released have zero influence on product improvement speed. If anything they keep $ coming and actually help to keep the main product alive. Devs work on code, they aren't out there sorting drum samples, lol... I have no idea how people assume that would be a thing, it makes no sense.

The general audience will never get enough of new packs, Splice's success is living prof of that's aswell as a ton of artists and YouTubers making their own packs nowadays, this will never change as long as people sample or use presets.

@basehead617 said:

The expansion creators aren’t even NI employees let alone are they engineers for the product, there’s no relationship between the two.

Sometimes they are and sometimes not, but even when it's an external sound designer it's still a collaboration, I reckon the NI sound design team helps convert the content so it fits their Expansion/NKS very specific standards; still the point that devs aren't the ones doing this remains.

@Sergio Duran said:

if it allows you to sample VST instruments on the pc and export them to M+ it will be the bomb. Although we can already do that with competing software hahahaha. What they have to do is improve the integration and make it easier for users. Not having to depend on third parties.

That's exactly one of the things it allows, as well as doing it with external gear as mentioned before. Competing software only does half the work if the point is to use multi-sampled instruments in Maschine.

• Nikal Might
    Nikal Might Member Posts: 24 Member

I am extremely grateful for the new features after a slew of minor bug fixes. The autosave especially, as it should have been there all along. I hope the chord inversions will make the chord tool actually useful, Still need customisable chord sets.

The autosampler thing is welcome as it means I will actually bother to use my hardware, and I will have lots of home-cooked sampler food.

It's still rather silly that I need an external DAW to record scene changes. This is one of Maschine's biggest flaws.

I hope NI don't take too long updating all their software to VST3 and hopefully change how Maschine deals with the output routing to take advantage of it, as manually assigning outputs to all the pads is a real pain. More time making music and less time doing chores.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    edited February 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin

Expansions are not Maschine only and are being used by a wider audience so an interpretation of where M+ is at today is almost irrelevant here. Without going into boring details, I can assure that getting rid of sound designers will not mean more features in Maschine. That's just not how it works.

• KvAlster
    KvAlster Member Posts: 1 Member

Looking forward to the update! For my M+, stability is good. I hope I can AutoSample Massive and Monark internally, to free up some CPU on taxing patches. Sampled instruments seem to use much less resources.

A lot of ppl seem to have unreasonable expectations of what an ATOM with passive cooling can handle. The price for stand alone. No?

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

Hi all

I think there can be no debate, groovebox designer (and its OS) and sound bank designer, it's not at all the same job.

And you need sound banks so that the offer and the products are complete and attractive.

Now I find that M+ is already very stable now, further improving this part is good, and adding features to further improve Maschine's excellent workflow, is perfect.

I look forward to this 1.4, and if one day we improve the automation edition, it will be perfect for an already excellent instrument in my eyes. Far be it from me to be a fanboy, but I sincerely think it's the best stand-alone instrument, the best groovebox I've had since the start in 1998.

• ManoVarunKumar
    ManoVarunKumar Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2022

Thanks for the update,

I know this might be a niche request, but if possible can we add this in Maschine so, we can switch groups using midi program change.

I am looking forward for next month's updates.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

Thanks for the updates, they are always welcome. I have two main feature requests that would be awesome if ever implemented:

1) The ability for instruments to generate midi and then be able to route said midi to other devices in Maschine. You can trigger devices with INCOMING midi but can’t do anything with midi being generated by instruments within Maschine. The arp on the controller is nice but is limited and not ideal for what I want to do with the midi data.

2) It would be nice to have a single instrument for both the Sampler and Audio devices. They essentially do the same thing except in the way the handle and playback an audio file. The Sampler is nice because you get more fine-tuning controls as well as the filter, EQ, lofi, stack built in. Alternatively it would be nice to just have a “Utility” type of device you could add that contained a processing “stack” (e.g. collection of filters, eq, FX) in one instrument rather than adding them individually all the time).

• apeirophobe
    apeirophobe Member Posts: 14 Member

I agree with your first point: it would be a game changer if Reaktor devices could output midi from M+. While I'm dreaming - it would also be incredible if we could create M+/M3 specific Reaktor panels when creating ensembles inside the desktop Reaktor sw.

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 211 Advisor

Lots to read through here. Regarding the autosampler, will this offer any efficiencies or improvements when using the sampler to record internal automation such as touch strip? Right now, my quickest workflow to record automation performances on the mk3 is to set up the sampler to record that automation as a WAV file, then import that file into my DAW. Can anyone see any changes and/or improvements here?

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper

Can anyone tell me if there is a cheat sheet beyond the manual that has hardware shortcuts for Maschine functions on one page. I know you M+ people don't use the keyboard so I would think you have it. I would guess that would work with MK3 which is not stand alone. Am I wrong?

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro

I need that, too. Trying to find out how to do something from the hardware is a PITA with the existing manuals

This discussion has been closed.