Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 393 Pro
    edited February 2022
    Options

Koltovich

I don't see this as a problem at all. On the contrary, it’s convenient for me that I see in the name from which scene the clone was made. There are many real problems that are more important in my opinion.

For you, it's not a problem, but for others it is, and a major and real one in that it cripples workflow.

I don't see any reason for there not be a choice in preferences, after all, it was established procedure for years.

You see reusing a pattern as a clone. I don't, I see it as using that pattern, there's no change in it and so there's no need to name it differently.

Similarly, it is preferable to some to be able to keep their scenes sequential without having to rename them

Again, if you like the changed behaviour, good for you, but others don't with good reason and that should be respected.

Some people find the new behaviour as helpful and that's fine, no reason for them not to be accommodated, but then there's no reason for people to be refused an established procedure either.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 134 Pro
    Options

Not 1995, but we had our share of grooveboxes with samplers inside, f.e. RS7000, you could make entire tracks with those too. Anyway, the DAWless trend is mainly fuelled by YouTube and Instagram "gear influencers" and i feel it's triggered by the Eurocrack movement, where modular synths became super-trendy all of a sudden, typically with these same influencers. Let's see what the next trend is, and how quickly all these "DAWless engines" will be put on the marketplaces ;P

BTW I'm a littlebit cynical here, and i do see the humour in all of this... and i totally get the charm of a single box that you turn on and can start making music.....

• tempsperdu
    Options

Murat Kayi

What confuses the hell out of me, otoh, is that the Maschine Jam is the only controller who mirrors the main and central narrative of Maschine's GUI, namely the pattern view. It is there in the software, but on the flagship controllers, it is nowhere to be found - instead, in each group there is an isolated list of patterns which follows a completeley different sorting order and placement

In the years I've been using Maschine I don't think there has been any coherent strategy and Jam is a prime example.

Jam promised a much requested 'Song Mode'.

There was a lot of angry disappointment when it didn't arrive, which possibly led to an underestimation of what Jam actually was and how useful it is.

Compounding this just as 'Son of Song mode' i.e. Clips arrived, Jam was discontinued

This is a bit like the Company version of Spinal Tap, except you couldn't probably make it up.

Ideas / Arranger view makes perfect sense with Jam, but it's hard to use well without it because ideally you need to be able to see both windows at the same time. Sadly the GUI is too inflexible to accommodate that and there has been no indication that there are plans to overhaul it into even 'the contemporary of sound'.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,807 Expert
    Options

The explanation might be that Jam and arrangement view came at about the same time. It has been cooked together, I guess. But, arrangement view has survived (which is good) and Jam has not (which is IMHO a pitty). And that creates sort of HW controll inballance. And NI keeps saying Jam Mk2 is not comming any time soon. If ever.

• Staykool
    Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper
    edited February 2022
    Options

I must say that for years I saw no need for Jam. I viewed the You tube videos and summed up that this is a tool for live performers or DJs. Then one day I just decided to get one just for the fun of it. I've been hooked ever since. We can debate this all day long but it definitely effected my workflow is such a positive way that I can't imagine working without it. I use Maschine MK3 and Jam in my Studio B. But most of my work is in Studio A with Maschine Studio but no jam. Jam is one of those things that you don't have to have but when you have it you can't live without it. So of course, NI decides to stop making it. Just my luck. hahaha

NI should make 100 of the Jam in vapor gray for old times sake. That puppy would sell out in less than a week.

• Kubrak
    Options

Why don´t you buy second Jam for Studio A? And one more as a backup if one of those two fail. I have bought the backup one myself. I am safe for next 5-10 years till the both of them die.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    edited February 2022
    Options

I was counter-humoring yall! Of course I understand the humour. Just wanted to chime in saying some of us don't get the whole "DAWless" meme since we started making tracks back when contemporary DAWs were a distant dream..

But regarding influencers and music youtuber's - feel free to slag em all off :DD NOT A FAN LOL

• Staykool
    Options

Kubrak. My Studio A is so packed with gear and I can't even add a toothpick.

Time for a new house. LOL

• Kubrak
    Options

Staykool, time to buy few Jams and a new house, or two. Just for case Jam Mk2 comes, one day. ;-)

• Staykool
    edited February 2022
    Options

Kubrack. I was one of the idiots who actually believed NI would come out with a Maschine Studio MKII one day.

There are a fews things I now realize will NEVER happen in this life.There will never be a re-issue of KK in vapor gray and they will never bring back the Jam. Add that to death and taxes. Hahaha

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 132 Advisor
    edited February 2022
    Options

I think the reason for frustration about Maschine (software) development could be shown if someone made a document showing a timeline of features added and the date they were added.

CLIPS is a biggie, but the last ~5 years has been pretty empty otherwise. Mk 3 was released in mid-late 2017. Like I said, it appears NI thinks it's a mature platform (which it is, honestly) and development is now more about compatibility, performance, and M+ fixes.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 141 Pro
    Options

would love to see a promo vid of the new auto sampler!!!

• tempsperdu
    Options

basehead617

Like I said, it appears NI thinks it's a mature platform (which it is, honestly) and development is now more about compatibility, performance, and M+ fixes.

Strangely enough, there are some who might just say, the travesty calling itself automation, lack of proper VST3 support or plugin delay compensation, lack of support for other internal sequencers, very clunky GUI's, etc mean it's having rather a troubled adolescence 😮

This discussion has been closed.