Kontakt 8 speculations and questions thread

Comments

• pfung
    pfung Member Posts: 4 Member

Kontakt 8 looks so different that I think it can do something amazing here. Maybe one could put in the chord progression for "one" instruments and that it will "intelligently" translate and recommend voicing and progressions for other instruments within the Kontakt family.

• Nardis_Miles66
    Nardis_Miles66 Member Posts: 3 Member

Much more user friendly using 3rd Party Plugins (Spitfire Audio, Sonicculture, HALion, ect)

• Hat
    Hat Member Posts: 1 Member

I predict that Kontakt 8 will give users the ability to read the full names of their presets in the browser window, either with an amazing default of "the columns default to being wide enough for every preset in the column" and/or a simple "drag this UI element to make columns wider". Native Instruments must be aware of how confusing it is trying to tell the difference between "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...", and "Brass - Tenor Trombone Solo - ...".

• NodeOperator
    NodeOperator Member Posts: 15 Member

It’s all good. New riders will enjoy the content and loop mangling stuff, seasoned musies will be happy they don’t have to upgrade and can keep saving for something else 😄. Interestingly, I see the comments about wavetable synthesis and sampling, being somehow, “worlds apart” 😆Camel Audio Alchemy used VA, granular and traditional sampling in a cool package, not that it matters. In fairness, Kontakt, beneath the hood, is beyond my programming skills, when you want accessible controls, so it’s really a developer thing in my mind. 🤔

• QUAVERTUNE
    QUAVERTUNE Member Posts: 5 Member

Could the new Kontakt be a catalyst to a new level of instruments with new architecture ? What if NI produced a DAW or even purchased another .What DAW would they purchase ? I am open minded . I would like to explore what the chord app would be like . I wonder about the old libraries that are from the external UI and not Native Access .Sometimes I have bought a product or not bought one because it is Native Access or not .

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 61 Helper
    edited September 9

People have speculated on an NI DAW for years. I dont see neither Arturia nor Native instrument make their own DAW at this point. Market is currently too saturated with fairly modern DAWs.

I rather see NI work with stronger integration in current DAWs, like how to load, manage and play samples. For instance make it easier to load kits with the native DAW drum sample player in Ableton Live or Logic.

And Maschine should have way stronger hardware integration with DAWs so I don't need to use the Maschine plugin. Let me browse the DAW library with my Komplete Kontrol keyboard as easy as I access my NI sounds.

New instruments, great synths, sound design and samples with sample players is likely the bread and butter for NI. Think this will be the focus for the foreseeable future and Kontakt is a critical part of that user experience.

• QUAVERTUNE
    QUAVERTUNE Member Posts: 5 Member

I wonder what price Kontakt 8 will be .Upgradable from 6 ? Also I do not encounter many third party Vst's that are Kontakt 7 .They are still mainly 6 .

• giant baby
    giant baby Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I bought komplete 14. What a life changing purchase let me tell you!!!!!!!!

Producing “ a lot of music “ is going to change pending the room you’re in.

Last month I did about 45 com… KOMplete tunes.

The native library is AMAZING, and the absolute envy of my co workers who suffer using stock plugins or third parties from others.

Everybody on the team uses pro tools. So last year I learned pro tools.

Ya know what keeps my ENTIRE TEAM from going all in and buying S88/K15 packages??

they asked me to write a quick pop tune. Which takes me about five minutes, then I showed them what it takes to route the drums correctly for multiple outputs.

Cause you can’t just select and separate by pitch in an effective way ( yes PT family I know the feature is there in the command zero menu but it doesn’t work with kontact midi drum routing.)

sorry that took a long time. I really love natives stuff, I am BEGGGGGGGGGGINNNG YOU!!!!

help me sell your product, work in easy routing options for the longest standing industry standard DAW in existence please.

(Feel free to private message me if you need another human to commiserate the abusive long term relationship they have with pro tools.)

• Team Green
    Team Green Member Posts: 16 Member

I'm hoping Native Instruments keeps on keepin' on! I've been a big fan since I purchased Colossus in 2007. I'm still learning all the great sounds and sound use abilities for recording this company has given me over the years. I'm not sure what Kontakt 8 will bring, but I'm sure it will be awesome. I must say that I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the fast changes, updates, and add-ons in the last few years but such is technology in the musician's realm. Thanks, NI

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 24 Member

Kontakt 7 launches in less than 5 seconds on all of my Macs. Respectfully, perhaps your computer configuration is old, or there are other factors at play.

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 24 Member

No one is forcing you to update your template. Unlike you, many users look forward to the new features that major Kontakt updates bring. Please remember that other musicians have workflows or preferences that differ from yours.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,844 Expert

Not a worry for me - 5 secs here too on Windows 10.

Was simply mentioning this for others - some who have really struggled with it.

VP

• lorenf
    lorenf Member Posts: 1 Member

not sure why you would think they 'turned' Kontakt into a hybrid wavetable synth. Kontakt has, does, and probably will always start with samples. But why not give it additional capabilities for shaping the sound afterward? hybrid wavetable synth capabilities, granular capabilities, filters, effects… all welcome, right?
    as long as they do not do anything that precludes the developers from designing excellent sample libraries with world-class UIs.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 61 Helper
    edited September 9

This is a product forum where you provide feedback to developers acording to your needs so the product team can plan and cater to different users’ needs and workflows.

It is not my job to consider other users in this scenario. Going after me like that leads to nowhere.

Instead focus on providing actual feedback to NI from your perspective and your needs instead of misunderstanding mine.

Also you are now muted.