HELP: NI denies activation of B4-II after new installaton

2»

Comments

• Rico010
    Rico010 Member Posts: 114 Advisor

Well, you can go for a lawsuit… If you really want this activation… not sure if this helps. But if you are in EU, maybe you can fight for your rights, if you are sure in them.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,856 Expert

Well - until you actually challenge your claim in court (instead of simply saying you will) - you will never know if your theory is valid (or not).

Until that day - this product is (and has been since August 2020) - retired.

VP

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,997 Expert

As I have already said I am not affected, so I will not start the lawsuit. But I would join in case, if someone would start it.

I will protect my rights the moment they will be violated. Absynth and Super8 may be the cases in future. Most probably, I will wait till the end of Native Access 1. If it would mean that NI SW cannot be activated on Win7 anymore, I will send NI legal warning that if the same happens to any SW that I have licenced by them, they will face lawsuit using consumer's protection agency.

Simply, those things should not happen… If customers would not defend their rights they would loose them step by step…..

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 911 Guru

I'm ready to pop a big bag of popcorn and watch the show. But I doubt anybody will actually take on the financial burden of making a lawsuit on a product that might very well not work today on Windows 10 or 11.

Even in the EU, companies don't have to support all things forever. Microsoft and Apple are both proof of that.

But if somebody is going to put on a dramatic show, I'll watch it! 😁

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,917 mod
    edited August 31

If you want/need a specific statement on the subject then do not let the chat bot get in the way of that. You ought to be able to get in touch with customer support to at least ask them , to get past the chat bot then simply choose 'Did not help' when presented with the bot suggestions :

Please contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

At the page N.I.Native Access and Installation Support be sure to scroll down to page bottom to see if there is a log-in request , if there is then log-in , at next page again scroll down and small blue chat box ought occur within 15 seconds. Then write in chat box and when getting suggestions then select did not help when it didn't , that ought to bring you on to either chat with human or open a ticket. (You need to use a browser with Cookie , Security and Extensions settings that will allow for log-in on the page for the page to work)

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the page : Howto get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here

Else , if you persistently can not get in touch with customer support then let me know (ping me) and we will call Jeremy_NI. (or ping Jeremy_NI directly)

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,856 Expert
    edited August 31

@BIF

"But if somebody is going to put on a dramatic show, I'll watch it! 😁"

Me too!

Unfortunately that the essence of these forums sometimes. Some love their "show".

VP

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 604 Advisor

Didn't the original NI sell the company? If so, it's possible the new company lost the ability to activate it. I've seen this happen many times over. For instance Gibson started buying up a lot of small companies. I wanted a schematic of something and Gibson was more than happy to let me have it because we were an authorized service center for Gibson. The problem was, the company they bought didn't give them all of the schematics. I wondered how that was possible and firmly believe someone pilfered the schematics for their own use as it was being sold. After all, nobody at NI should refuse to relicense something. My best guess, their being quiet because they don't know how to do it or maybe lost the records show proof of purchase that is needed by the software to issue the license. So yes, when a company changes hands, all kinds of things like this can happen. However we're working on a really nice organ that I'm sure will turn out good. Bollie is doing a fantastic job with the art work and the others involved with the code are working magic. I really wouldn't pitch a fit over this, I have a feeling this next one will knock your socks off.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,917 mod

@klausus , sorry but since I have zero powers or say it the matter then I have to leave you to get help through the PM conversation with Jeremy_NI that I have initialized for you.

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 323 Pro

Instead of blowing money on lawsuit, spend $40 and get on with your life:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B3XPlug--ik-multimedia-hammond-b-3x