NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Options

How we can clarify this? It would be great to get rid of few hundred double folders and images! Someone of the NI crew here maybe?

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Indeed. Tbh, as it was a fixture I have made use of it and designed certain graphics to utilise this, however now that appears to be pretty useless, so it would help to get some clarity from the NI team.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

I guess we should just test this experimentally, which is the way we figured most of this out in the first place when this thread started on the old forum - at the moment I'm seeing if we really need .meta files as they seem to make no difference that I can see

• Sunborn
    Options

i think the real wasting space is, if we really need 4 folders for each plugin (2 database + 2 image folders), such as u-he/zebra and zebra and why not just one vendor folder (u-he) and all the plugins subfolders inside, and that's it... as far as i know, the one is for KK and the other is for Maschine, right?

• Diam
    Options

I agree. They may as well have just made another file name for Maschine images if need be and placed them all in in a universal folder. One folder to rule them all and in music production bind them! :D

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

No nothing to do with Maschine - both KK and Mas use the same resources - the second one under the plugin name was so stuff shows also on the right hand screen but I just experimentally removed one and the images show on both screens now so I guess NI at some point addressed that but we were not aware of it :)

So let's continue to try making these with just the one folder under vender and also without .meta files - also I think the short name.json is way outdated and doesn't cover newer products

• Diam
    Options

@Kymeia It appears the user community is the safest bet for identifying changes and fixing issues after new implementations. It was Jason over at freelance soundlabs, who enabled me to get my user NKS back into my factory tab, after NI removed the sounds.com support. I am super grateful for your support in starting this thread also, not to mention the many contributors, @Sunborn @Vagus @Mercury @Christos Adamos @JesterMgee to name a few. Thank you for the continued support.

• Kymeia
    Options

No problem - that's what this thread is for - many minds are better than one :)

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Now we have accumulated a huge amount of VST3 NKS templates and conversions I plan to do a reorganisation of the NKS User Library this weekend if I have time. It will mean older links no longer work but on the other hand everything will hopefully be more easy to browse - the VST3 folder is getting too big so I plan to divide it into sub categories and also relegate the older VST2 NKS banks to their own folder as well to make the VST3 more prominent.

I'd also like to integrate the stuff people have uploaded into their own folders into one central place if that's OK with everyone? - we'll keep those folders for further uploads though.

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

I noticed some changes to thumbnail/folder behavior also. Jester (Jason) will know from freelance labs.

Maybe this below addresses it also?

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-2-8-user-sample-icon-thumbnails-require-vendor-to-be-native-instruments.354019/

• Sunborn
    Options

indeed a more organized structure would be much more helpful and accurate!

(...and hopefully, this ancient Albino template will finally rest on some sub-sub-sub-folder! LOL) -just joking- :-)

• Sunborn
    Options

nope, this is a 3 year old post and it has to do with user samples, not NKS

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Working on VST3 updates for Eventide Instant Phaser and Flanger, Klanghelm SDRR2 and Valhalla Vintage Verb 3 (which just came out) next

• Kymeia
    Options

Just slightly updated graphics so please dl again if you already did