NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,858 mod
    Options

Yes but still all u-he products and they get installed in the factory tab in KK. The ones in the user library are potentially everything else

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Added to the ZIP in the NKS User Library now - thanks

• Kymeia
    Options
  • Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have updated my template for Audiodamage Discord to VST3 - although it did migrate from the VST2 I found it unstable and not all params were working so I made a new one from scratch - left the old one on the User Lib for VST2 users - this is just for VST3

Note I renamed the vendor to 'Audio Damage' as I found 'Audio Damage.lcc' caused problems with the images/database integration (KK hates dots and odd characters in Company names).

• Kymeia
    Options

awesome thanks - I’m currently adding presets to my Polyverse Supermodal template now it’s released

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Diam i have no idea how to use damn macros (i tried many programs, without fully understand them :-p i record mouse and keyboard actions but the stupid thing opens what it likes -frustrating, i can't understand their logic-), so, i have to improvise!

I use a registry trick "Copy name list to clipboard" (for folders and files), and with this i copy the names of all presets and banks at once, and paste them on a text file. Then i open the Maschine, load the plugin (or its nks template, if any) and i start an exhausting "click preset - copy name from text - save as - paste name from text - click next preset" and so on... sometimes i go really fast, like a machine, and sometimes, after i while, i get hypnotized and loose it 😂

When i finish, i use gulp to add bank/sub-bank names and finally i do the tagging (Bass, Lead, FX etc.) inside Maschine. If i am lucky and deal with a plugin that migrates vst2 to vst3, i use the Preset Magician and do some final tagging on Maschine. Sometimes i may use a different approach but basically i do as i describe above.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Sunborn Ha! Well, thanks for the insight. I am on Mac so no preset magician. Will have to read through your post slowly to grasp that. I am pretty savvy with most things once I have the methodology down, but don't have a specific background in computing per se. I have seen many posts on here about Gulp and just figured it was something I that I obviously wasn't privy to yet.

Have worked on a few maps with other users, but strictly building using analog methods and mostly presets and basic tags. Not really done much macro mapping apart from very simple layouts. Really, as with most here on the forum I figure, I am just trying to patch the gaps for plugins that are not available commercially or which I would rather not pay for. I have purchased quite a few from freelance soundlabs, the ones which are too big to think about building myself.

Was just milling over the new Digital Synsations update as the free template works just fine. Think they have added a number of additional presets so that may be one to consider somewhere down the line.

Thanks for all of your uploads anyway. Has been really helpful for an NI user like myself. I used to use the Akai VIP software, but never really got to grips with it. Since I got the KK, I never looked back.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options
  • Diam
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Kymeia Are you able to confirm this anomaly on your system? Ever since the 2.8.0/2.8.1 update, NKS images are only using the primary MST logos from the main vendor folder for the instrument and browser screen. Previously I was able to have two separate designs for the relative screens now only showing the image from the vendor folder for both.

Here are some screenshots to illustrate what I mean using Hammond B3 as an example, for which I use 2 different logo images. Try using different images for both, but only the vendor folder MST logo will show in both screens. I hope that makes sense. Has any body else experienced this? Wondering if I can input some meta info to somehow revert to the previous setup.

• Kymeia
    Options

tbh I've always just used the one in both folders so not noticed, may NI have finally simplified it? (it was really just a consequence of having 2 screens instead of one in the old keyboards)

• Sunborn
    Options

How we can clarify this? It would be great to get rid of few hundred double folders and images! Someone of the NI crew here maybe?

• Diam
    Options

Indeed. Tbh, as it was a fixture I have made use of it and designed certain graphics to utilise this, however now that appears to be pretty useless, so it would help to get some clarity from the NI team.

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

I guess we should just test this experimentally, which is the way we figured most of this out in the first place when this thread started on the old forum - at the moment I'm seeing if we really need .meta files as they seem to make no difference that I can see

• Sunborn
    Options

i think the real wasting space is, if we really need 4 folders for each plugin (2 database + 2 image folders), such as u-he/zebra and zebra and why not just one vendor folder (u-he) and all the plugins subfolders inside, and that's it... as far as i know, the one is for KK and the other is for Maschine, right?