NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• paulyminogue
    paulyminogue Member Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Yes, Problem solved. You need the Dimitri VST´s :)

Thx!

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Options

it is possible! i already did the first folder (01 Basic) 😉

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    Options

I know it is now but ‘save’ used to be greyed out due to incompatible preset formats

• Kymeia
    Options

btw there is also an updated version of Tantra 2 on Dmitri's site with a better GUI and I guess maybe also Apple Silicon support - anyway it works as that is the one I used for my NKS version posted earlier

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Will do some graphics later today and send them over to add with the others.

• Sunborn
    edited January 2023
    Options

A little bit of archaeology now, for the rare few that they might still use it, but, it's my oldest plugin and I'm emotionally connected with it (...and I still use it on some of my older unfinished tracks)...😊 I wanted to give it some last breaths of existence before the VST2 era is gone. Plus, i never found before any NKS for this ancient little gem! So, here it is. Factory presets, plus some other stuff, 539 presets in total:

Camel Audio CamelSpace VST2 x64 NKS

• Kymeia
    Options

I still use it but the Logic version

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Same, however I have kept the old installers as I am considering repurposing an old 2010 Mac Pro, for which this may come in handy. Great plugins, though I would likely need an older version of KK to work with Mojave. Going back to the future is confusing me just thinking about it. :D

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Hi. A wishlist question if I may. Would somebody please be so kind as to make presets for the Rhodes V8 plugin? I believe it came out today. It's not yet on-sale unless I'm mistaken, but they offer a fully-functional 45-day demo. I'd be grateful to anyone who feels like doing this. Thanks.

Link: https://rhodesmusic.com/missingkeys-download/

• Guy Brown
    Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey all,

I think I may have found a bug unless it is something particular with my setup...

I installed a few NKS-compatible plugins from Plugin Alliance (Knifonium) along with rolling my own for another plugin (LO-FI-AF).

It seems that the short title is not being properly picked up by hardware (both Maschine MK3 and Komplete Control S61 MK2) for either.

The short name works fine in the software, but on the hardware, it either doesn't work or only partially works.

See the following screenshots:

Is/has anyone else had this problem? Is it a bug?

• Sunborn
    edited January 2023
    Options

Go and check your NI Resources/dist_database folder and make sure you have 2 folders for each!

A Plugin Alliance folder with 2 sub-folders (Knifonium & LO-FI-AF), and 2 more folders (Knifonium & LO-FI-AF) straight in the dist_database folder. Simply, just copy the 2 Plugin Alliance sub-folders, to the dist_database folder. If problem remains, then it is probably something in the syntax, so edit them with a notepad (or whatever you use)

• Guy Brown
    Guy Brown Member Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey @Sunborn

Thanks for the response! I appreciate the help.

The Knifonium files were installed by the Plugin Alliance install manager and it put the files in the '/Plugin Alliance' folder only. I already had the LO-FI-AF files in both places. I copied the Knifonium files so they are now in the two locations and something has actually changed but it's still not working 100%.

See screenshot:

I thought that it used the same value (MST_shortname) in both places on the hardware screen, so it's weird to be working in one place and not the other! Hence me thinking it might be a bug!

Here's the shortname.json for Knifonium (as created by Plugin Alliance):

{
       "VB_shortname" : "Knifonium" ,
       "MKII_shortname" : "Knifonium" ,
       "MIKRO_shortname" : "Knifonium" ,
       "MST_shortname" : "Knifonium"
    }

Looks good to me...

Any other ideas?

• Sunborn
    edited January 2023
    Options

Then, check your .meta files too (knifonium.meta -you can open then with a notepad-), in both dist_database & image folders.

If still doesn't work, I can not help more, i don't have that plugin to check. Good luck (or maybe another member can offer a better assistant).