NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• Sensorama
    Sensorama Member Posts: 7 Member

Thanks for your work. But unfortunately the Unfiltered Audio VST3 NKS don't work for me. None of the parameters are assigned to any knobs. The headings of the individual categories are displayed - but parameters are not assigned.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited February 2023

As I said these are only for the VST3 and if you try to load them using the VST2 this is what you will see - just use the original version NKS if you are using the VST2 (which on Windows or Intel MacOS will load by default so if you really want to force KK to use the VST3 then don’t install the VST2)

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Anyone using XLD to convert to .ogg? My audio previews are pretty large (maybe average 300 KB). The quality setting is from 1 to 10. I was thinking of switch to 6. Any thoughts?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod

It depends. If you have a lot of disc space to spare, then, size it is not a problem.

However, keep in mind that those .ogg are just informative previews, so there is no point to care about quality (in my own opinion). I would go for 1 (lowest quality = smaller sizer)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
  • Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru

Just a heads up - working on this...

The template is done - now just to save, tag & previews (the hard work).

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 268 Advisor

Amazing. Just upgraded to Absolute 6 and excited about this one. An epic evolution. Can't wait.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,888 Expert
    edited February 2023

Yeah i'm doing the updates/testing for Absolute 6 (Halion 7) already. Did you test if enabling host automation and loading on a second system actually works? Steinberg polugins are trash, only ones I have used worse than steinberg is IK Multimedia.

In my testing when I speent ages making a template and saving out the files, loading on a second system and all the mapping failed to work. That is why I only included Macro control because I did not find the mapping of the parameters to be reliable at all.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 268 Advisor

That is interesting. I did download your demo for Halion Sonic 3 and it appears it still opens version 7, presumably as the plugin name hasn't changed. Shame about the parameters. Such a complex interface, though, I figure you would need to make different maps for different modules. Sounds like a big task.

I will watch this space.

• JesterMgee

It does launch fine in Halion 7 but i'm working on trying to update all the control mappings for what can be updated to add more than macro controls. The interface is over-complex for what it is really and IMO is more of a clunky experience than something like UVI Falcon. I've had a few issues with Steinberg plugins, they need a lot of testing

• Vagus

@JesterMgee

HALion 7 has been a pain in the arse, to say the least. Tried on a second windows machine, and your (awesome) Halion 6 work great with 6, but I've had hard crashes of KK with 7. Might be because I'm on Windows 11 on the main PC.

A couple of things to point out:

I've actually lost some content in the upgrade - we should be really thankful for NI sometimes, because it just works as it should. Steinber's DL manager is utterly rubbish

Interesting to see Steinberg copy KK/Maschine with tagging much more visible.

• ricksa82
    ricksa82 Member Posts: 19 Member

Has anyone made the NKS presets for UJAM?

• Vagus

UJAM, I have a bunch of VST2 things @ricksa82 - DM me and I'll see if I can help.

• Vagus

Finally able to reply - but as Jester says, there is an automation issue with HALion on some specific instruments.

• JesterMgee

I managed to get a workaround to overcome that issue after a few solid days of testing but it has to be done on a preset-by-preset basis and takes hours to fix 1 library, but I have half of the Halion content upgraded to Halion 7 with more detailed controller maps. Will likely still be weeks away but is all working on my test machines here. Should now offer a little more control than just the macro and X/Y controls