Comments

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

Groundhog day...

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    Options

I got to admit, the survey felt like some kind of ill-considered psych test. Whether it will actually be useful to anyone is possibly debatable. The thing with options and new or improved features is working out why people may want them and how much of the programme they are going to actually affect.

If NI hadn't been so chronically mismanaged over the last x amount of years, then hopefully development of Maschine would have been continuous and well-thought-out. Now it's pretty much a half-baked shamble and whatever they are attempting with all the programmes that means load times for anyone with plugins is beyond a joke is ripe for reconsideration.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,161 Guru
    edited March 26
    Options

Those final yes/no choice pages though - I thought they'd never end!

It all felt a bit random. At times I was having to choose things I didn't necessarily want, just because it was it was the only option on the list.

Luckily I did get to give my views in a text area prior to that.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    edited March 26
    Options

I feel tired, currently there are more surveys about potential changes and updates than actual new program upgrades. 

Of course, I've filled out the survey and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something new will appear after all. 

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 394 Pro
    Options

It’s a good way to see what features people prefer towards others, at the end of it you still have to prioritize both between favorites and other less important to you. All I know is I voted down individual tempo changes/scene and this mouse-stuff cut/glue whatever every time. And at least Bluetooth wasn’t in this survey so hopefully they don’t add that. I filled it out again as many here seem to have done, but yeah, the third or fourth one in a few years without anything except autosampler and poly synth added. We’ll see. Maybe now it’s maschine’s turn to get a rehaul like other softwares have. Hopefully M+ won’t be too weak to carry it.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    Options

Arguably it would have been simpler and more easily understood if say they had listed each possibility, and you gave a 1 -10 response, then they added the points up. They way they factored it was like a Scientology test, and I'd be surprised if that was the most appropriate way to handle it.

Let's also hope the rehaul is a lot more considered than has been the case for the other softwares which have been, and still are, riddled with problems and inconsistencies that one would think should have been shown more attention than appears to be the case.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,902 mod
    Options

It's kind of odd that I reply to a survey and by the end of it I have no idea what my highest, 2nd, and 3rd picks are, what's the order, etc... If there's 10 picks I'd rather just rate each from 1 to 10. 🤷‍♂️

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,161 Guru
    edited March 26
    Options

I couldn't determine if those pages were just fixed lists, or whether they were generated based on how you voted on the last one...

• Zoni
    Zoni Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Please update Maschine UI to not be pixelated. This should really be your top priority. It looks terrible on my Studio Display, or any bigger screen for that matter.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 131 Advisor
    Options

Didn’t we have this test a while ago? Yes we did.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited March 27
    Options

I think the biggest step forward for Maschine would be the inclusion of a time line based DAW style arranger. Imagine being able to move/copy/record patterns or even whole scenes into an arranger that would ideally also allow drag and drop of samples and midi data anywhere into the time line. This would bring it more into line as a fully fledged DAW. It's possibly impossible to do given Maschine's current structure but something I hope will come with a completely new version 3 along with a new Maschine MK4 controller.

I'm convinced that many maschine users, myself included, ultimately get frustrated by it's limitations and move on to other platforms.

• Warempel
    Warempel Member Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 26
    Options
  • HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Oh boy, the amount of hate NI would receive if they dare launching any time soon a new maschine being it standalone or not, without any software update…

I can only imagine 😂

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I guess they would get away with it if they launch a hybrid Maschine - Komplete kontrol 😂