What's next for Maschine?

Options

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,116 admin
    edited March 19
    Options

This is already planned, it will be done several times starting this Sunday.

• troxx
    troxx Member Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 19
    Options

So having read both posts:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/27875/march-2024-a-community-update-from-our-chief-product-officer#latest

https://blog.native-instruments.com/embracing-2024/

It does look as though Maschine is finally getting a software update this year, what that will actually look like and what it will feature, we'll have to wait and see.

I hope this also includes updates to the Maschine Plus software? Really hoping for some improvements into the GUI and implementation of the instruments here making them easier to edit on standalone.

Any chance we can finally use our commercial Kontakt libraries from the likes of Heavyocity and other 3rd party libraries we have purchased on the Maschine Plus too?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

Wait... what? Can you try on another browser or clear your cache? I just tried on a browser without being logged in and it worked so it must be on your end.

Or go here and click on the linked thread: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/27170/maschine-ideas-pattern-editor-sequencer

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    Options

If I go there it seems to lead to all the various subsections for possible ways forward, but they are all now closed.

I thought there was some separate post that allowed voting on set possibilities.

• D-One
    Options

Humm... I'm confused, they're all open to comments except the last one "Sequencer/Pattern Editor improvements" which was the thread that won the voting in the #1 Round, the screenshot is from round #2, this was round one:

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

@troxx

Any chance we can finally use our commercial Kontakt libraries from the likes of Heavyocity and other 3rd party libraries we have purchased on the Maschine Plus too?

Most probably not, as the M+ isn’t powerful enough to handle most of these libraries.

But some more frugal instruments and effects could be made to work on it.

• enz0
    enz0 Member Posts: 50 Advisor
    edited March 19
    Options

I would expect the survey / voting thread to play a MINOR role in decision making for the product roadmap / prioritization. Or i would hope so as someone who has worked professionally in product design .. As Henry Ford once said, “If i asked my customers what they wanted they’d ask for a faster horse” . Don’t get me wrong, it’s a positive thing overall to gather thoughts and ideas. But it should be more of a supplement.

Many of those enhancements are basic and obvious. In the current voting thread, I think it was D-One that pointed out the specific example of "general midi editing enhancements" being very obviously more important than "polymeter support" , yet users are still able to rank them.

if this is not the case and NI is truly using those threads 1:1 — like if the top vote on the forum will be the highest priority — i would actually be a little worried

• tempsperdu
    Options

Now I'm confused as even your image shows that all are closed.

• tempsperdu
    Options

enz0

if this is not the case and NI is truly using those threads 1:1 — like if the top vote on the forum will be the highest priority — i would actually be a little worried

In theory this isn't the case, partly as there's little evidence that Ni actually listen that much to users anyway.

Automation actually being usable is a high priority for many, and personally I would far have preferred that to the somewhat clunky implementation of clips which in its present form has worsened readability, usability and speed.

I just pray that whatever transpires, it is properly thought through and implemented and is very cognizant of user usage and history as well a responding to any feedback, positive or negative.

• D-One
    edited March 20
    Options

True, maybe this time it will be different since the most-voted thing actually moved to a 2nd round of voting.

What's closed is the first round... The second is open, look at both posts/screenshots I shared again.

• tempsperdu
    Options

Thanks, Diego, I think I've kind of found it now.

Do you think there's anyone in the known universe that actually likes Centre code and has actually found anything good about it? I don't recall ever seeing or using a forum software so user unfriendly, confusing and difficult to use...............................

• ozon
    Options

@Matthew_NI wrote:

One interesting aspect to the (non binding) call for votes is 1) the low volume of participation and 2) the somewhat even split between ideas.

That seems to have changed massively during the last ten days: Vote numbers increased drastically and there’s a clear separation.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Options

I got a Maschine survey earlier (email) to fill in.

• ozon
    Options

Me too. Another confusion. 11 pages to evaluate the priority of around 10 proposed features, many of them unrelated to or much broader than what is up for voting here on the forum. I don’t see how adding more choices could be helpful to refine a roadmap.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited March 26
    Options

The survey gives me impression that a repeat of past work was being surfaced for some reason. To further distill? To impress new mgmt? To buy time for development? To get evidence based decisions under its wing? I'd never know. I just hope the mega boo boo to scrimp on the M+ hardware specs would not be repeated.