What's next for Maschine?

Options
AdelV
AdelV Member Posts: 220 Pro

The surveys are over, many cool ideas have been put forward by users - will there be any announcement of plans and news for Maschine?

Tagged:

Comments

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

im quite content with the maschine software, should there be any added features to the software... will just be a bonus!

as far as new controllers go, it will not do anything new, if there is no added features in the current software...

so being hopeful in the area of hardware is going to be a stretch!!

im all for suprises, but going by current trends i wont be holding my breath!!

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 139 Helper
    Options

I doubt there will be any major changes to maschine 2 software until a new controller is released given the tight integration between them.

• AdelV
    Options

Ok, let's be patience for now.

• AdelV
    Options

Is any chance to see roadmap for Maschine 2024? It's already mid March and to be honest nothing is happening again...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 14
    Options

Theres voting going on and gathering of feedback, there is barely any votes... The highest-voted topic has only 33 votes. https://community.native-instruments.com/categories/sequencer-pattern-editor-ideas

If the point of voting is to define first what the focus will be then there can't be a roadmap before that ends....

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper
    Options

What happened to the Maschine AMA?

• AdelV
    Options
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 14
    Options

What AMA? There's this thread : https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/14411/q-a-with-maschine-maschine-plus-team but no one from NI ever confirmed anything, Mathew eluded to the possibility of a Maschine AMA Q4 last year if I remember correctly, I guess that idea was scrapped in favor of the voting thing that is now in stage #2.

What would be the point of an AMA now while the voting thing isn't over yet and NI is (apparently) still trying to figure out what users want? If we go and ask now "whats next" and get a "we are evaluating the votes" it would be a waste of AMA...

Also, AMA's tend to happen right before/after a significant release.

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 68 Helper
    Options

Nothing. Updates have ground to a halt for the Kontrol MK3 despite a lot of promises about delivering on core features like midi templates. NI staff is very obviously overwhelmed and not able to maintain productivity, so expecting anything major for a product line they very clearly don’t value and are still in the “gathering feedback” stage of updating is silly. There are better options out there. Buy a Force or MPC Live 2. Way better and can load all Maschine Expansions inclusive of thumbnail graphics. You’ll never go back to Maschine.

• Anthony20h10
    Anthony20h10 Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

From bêta test ;

Brain direct sound 360

• AdelV
    Options

I'm still love them and Maschine but this continious voting, forms - doesn't look good. It's like asking someone to choose candy without giving them candy. But as i metioned - still fingers crosses.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 609 Guru
    Options

Always cracks me up when peeps online start declaring products and platforms "dead" just because its been a minute since the last update. Yeah, go ahead, sell it all off! 😹

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 51 Member
    Options

On the software side, Maschine is basically dead and I don’t have any hopes it will ever reach a level close to competition.

On the hardware side, Maschine is great and the workflow is magnificent, and I would never get rid of the Maschine+ even if development stops today. It’s great fun to make music with it

I am still in early exploration, but Bitwig seems to work fine with Maschine and even better with the Maschine Jam. Great scripts.

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper
    Options

The AMA that @Matthew_NI spoke of here. The point of an AMA is self explanatory and possibly more richer info than the voting thing. Plus we've seen NI canvas ideas before (survey) with no feedback or result yet Maschine must has a roadmap because features are being released in incremental updates. I'm interested in the questions the community has and answers coming directly from the product team.