What's next for Maschine?

Options

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,886 mod
    Options

Thanks, that comment says a lot even tho it's not 'official' in terms of wording it's still some reassurance.

• bloodysnare
    bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper
    Options

That was 4 months ago, feels like we had a better cadence for Maschine videos before.

Bring back Boris.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited March 17
    Options

As a NI employee you obviously have inside knowledge to make that statement. We, the buying customers, only have guesses based on what we've seen (or rather haven't seen) in terms of Maschine being developed because NI tend to be unwilling in providing any details about the future of their products.

My first steps into music production were taken using both NI hardware and software and I thoroughly enjoyed my progress while using them. As time moved on I became less enthusiastic about how slowly the software and hardware, compared to your competitors, were being developed.

I do feel a little more optimistic by your response however and hope 1 day to return to Maschine.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    edited March 18
    Options

NI tend to be unwilling in providing any details about the future of their products

@Mark Oxley there's nothing unusual about that. It's standard practice for many companies in many fields.

Just last week, AlphaTheta (aka Pioneer) released a brand new mixer. Nobody saw it coming (other than industry insiders).

Yesterday, Atomix released an early access update to VirtualDJ, with some big new features. Again, none of the users knew it was coming.

Denon DJ released a firmware update recently. Same situation.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    edited March 18
    Options

D-One

Theres voting going on and gathering of feedback, there is barely any votes... The highest-voted topic

has only 33 votes. https://community.native-instruments.com/categories/sequencer-pattern-editor-ideas

Sorry Diego but your link doesn't lead anywhere useful for me, I can't find the voting thread at all.

It might be good when they do things like this if there were emails sent out, I can't be the only one who knew nothing about it.

I have to admit, with the seemingly current exaggerated stasis, I rarely visit the forum. It's not helped when NI appear to close any critical threads rather than answering those criticisms................

• jtiggy
    jtiggy Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I really want :

'Mix mode" - Pluigin latency delay compensation. When its time to record flip outs of mix mode and only zero latency plugins will be enabled

• jtiggy
    jtiggy Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I find it funny that NI bought izotope... izotope only makes plugins with heavy latency... how are we suppose to use izoptope stuff with Maschine? The machine roadmaps keeps changing and getting canceled because NI gets sold to a new owner every other year

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    edited March 19
    Options

I notice both on this forum (all sections) and even more so on the Arturia forum (all sections) that apart from the 10 or so regular posters, very very few others post at all, and more often than not they only do so if something isn’t working, and then they usually disappear after their question is answered.

Presuming Arturia has tons of customers and presuming Native Instruments also has, the resounding thing I would take is that most people seem happy and content making music, regardless of whether they use Arturia, Native Instruments or both.

The one thing I wouldn’t take from either forum is that people aren’t interested in the products you both sell.

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Every single day on the Arturia forum, someone is asking Arturia if there’s any info on the Keylab mk3 as they want to buy a Keylab but the current model has been out since mid 2018 and they don’t want to buy if theres a new one around the corner.

Every time this is asked, they get the same response, Arturia, just like any other company, never give details on new things until the date it’s released.

Reason I’m talking about Arturia and not Native Instruments, I just want to show people that Native Instruments isn’t being suspiciously cagey by not telling you, it’s normal (and understandable) business practice.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 154 Advisor
    edited March 19
    Options

Yes, I get that. I'm primarily aiming that statement at the maschine software and probably shouldn't have mentioned hardware as well.

Having said that, I was pretty late to the party when purchasing my S61 MK2 (less than 2 years ago). While I don't have a problem with a new model being released already I do feel pretty peeved that the software supporting it isn't totally compatible though. Again, I can live with that as long as my MK2 continues to function as it's always done going forward either on KK 2.9.6 as I currently use or under KK3 if at some point I'm forced to do so. I'm not really bothered about NKS2 or the direct integration with Kontakt outside of KK.

Getting back on topic with this thread and Maschine's future. It's been far too long since any new features (requested or otherwise) have been forthcoming. It would be great if some kind of future roadmap could be alluded to giving us an indication that it's not just gathering dust on a shelf in NI's vault and been forgotten about. I've largely stopped producing anything inside maschine due to my concerns over NI suddenly pulling the plug on it. Both long term and recent indications would seemingly point in that direction.

Mathew_NI has made a brief comment that contradicts my fears but until there's something official or more concrete announced we will only be able to speculate what, if any, future maschine might have.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 376 Pro
    edited March 19
    Options

Mark Oxley

Getting back on topic with this thread and Maschine's future. It's been far too long since any new features (requested or otherwise) have been forthcoming. It would be great if some kind of future roadmap could be alluded to giving us an indication that it's not just gathering dust on a shelf in NI's vault and been forgotten about. I've largely stopped producing anything inside maschine due to my concerns over NI suddenly pulling the plug on it. Both long term and recent indications would seemingly point in that direction.

I think the fact that they are calling out for beta testers would indicate that they are (if massively belated) resuming development. If their figures show some kind of trail off with Maschine then it might be prudent to consider the fact that the last feature changes in Maschine, all that time ago, broke certain elements and really slowed down the workflow and readability. Coupled with the protracted complete lack of development, or interest shown by NI, it would hardly be surprising if sales and usage went down.

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

+1 This acapit about Maschine future and lack of new things is exactly what i feel.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

Shhhht…or they’ll close this one too 😏

(Btw: “they” is just a single person…)

• Paul Opp
    Paul Opp Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Don't wait for what's next. I just bought Serato sample to do the things i need done. Maybe that will help the process along. LoL☺