Assistive playing tools

Comments

• MACINEAD
    MACINEAD Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Have a locked in Scale button like introduced in FL and Ableton.

• Ruba94
    Ruba94 Member Posts: 1 Member

Capture feature like in Ableton! It would be game changer trust me 🙏

• Felber
    Felber Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please allow Kontakt Instruments loaded with Colors in the Pad Mode like your Komplete Kontrol Keyboard, so that I see the keyswitches and so on.

• CH7
    CH7 Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 6

I guess this is where we leave ideas on potentially new hardware.

I would like to see new ways of interfacing with the Daw. New ways of generating data for the Daw,

New ways of influencing the data already captured by the main software.

We had Jam, which worked alongside the Maschine. Complimenting the Maschine.

The Jam was based on control of scenes and step-time, whilst making the ideas view more accessible. [Its a shame this hardware wasn't developed to have a more universal appeal in its own rights as a MIDI controller. Even now its specs could be released for it to be hacked/tinkered with.]

I wonder if we can't have a successor to the Jam. Another way of generating ideas, patterns, gro0ves. We have had the rise of 'generative software', where fixed steps are replaced by probability. This concept favors the looping pattern, as a way to inject life into the loop. We also have polyrhythms as a way to imitate the human cross-playing which occurred spontaneously within bands, freaking the groove. The offshoot of this is 'Euclidean sequencing' with devices like the ToroT-1 and the 'Monome Arc' created to exploit this.

There are other approaches to messing with the pattern. A few years ago you had this hacked hardware bcr2000 zaquencer, with its later recreation the Behringer Zaquencer. This device fundamentally changed how you could interact with the midi data, playing the midi, the same way you could play audio with turn-tables and audio discs, by selecting and looping section of the midi, whilst never losing the flow.

My point is with a bit of thought to 'why', you could invent other ways of interacting with the midi information stored in the machine software. it's not just rhythms that we need to explore, we need new ways to intuitively shape chords. Technology should be inventing new and unusual paradigms. Imagine if you could access your MIDI tracks as if they were audio tracks and be able to do anything in MIDI that you could do in audio. All on the fly, mid-flow as a performance, or as a way to generate new midi data.

I won't mention MPE, the subtle ways you could and should capture ideas. Can you imagine MPE applied to an already prepared midi tracks? Tiny gestures with bigger consequences.

Come on NI, dream a little.

• AndyF
    AndyF Member Posts: 9 Member

Id really like to create custom chord sets and custom arp patterns

• darvintiroko
    darvintiroko Member Posts: 4 Member
    + for custom user chord sets! also just more Maschine Chord sets!
  • VL-Charlotte280712
    VL-Charlotte280712 Member Posts: 7 Member

-midi clock "receive & send" mode

• louismarcell
    louismarcell Member Posts: 7 Member

A Tuner Would be usefull

• Don777
    Don777 Member Posts: 7 Member
    I want to be able to control the Maschine software with my Kontrol S49 MK3
  • Doobox
    Doobox Member Posts: 63 Helper

In keyboard mode (chromatic) on the hardware, highlight the black keys.

• CIMotion
    CIMotion Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    User defined chords and an actual random arpeggiator option is an absolute must these days.
  • Sangeeta
    Sangeeta Member Posts: 3 Member

Random Other, Con and Diverge , etc - also create your own arp patterns, a speed and swing control for the arp, a quantization function for the arp, MPE expression on the arp, MPE patterns applied to the arp.

• Sangeeta
    Sangeeta Member Posts: 3 Member

Chord suggestions, would also be great, with inversions, substitute chords. 7th, 9th, etc look at Scaler VST etc.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but there's no 'general' section.

I used to work with 3DS Max and when files got corrupted you could lose a hell of a lot of work. One of the actual good things Autodesk did was enable users to pull out selected elements of their files, so all was not lost, just the actual corrupted element.

Something of this nature for Maschine could be a great boon and could also enable people to possibly import groups and patterns from existing files as opposed to having to export and import all the time.

Another suggestion I've put in elsewhere, is to add a notepad facility to Maschine so that things like reminders, notes to co-users, and lyrics could be saved within the project file.

Oh, and please can we have mp3 and FLAC export, it's pretty insane they're not options.

• RichBass
    RichBass Member Posts: 27 Member

+ custom user chord sets that include borrowed chords so I can quickly use secondary dominants and others

And as a part of this I would allow custom voicings too, so I could use drop 2 voicings and also include different voicings such as doubling the lead, drop 3, or whatever ones I happen to like

This discussion has been closed.