Assistive playing tools

Comments

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 80 Member

Since I have the Mikro i can't see the chords that I using like the MKIII or the +, it would be nice to have a chord track feature on the paino roll

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 19 Member

Custom Chord sets, many more chord sets like in Scaler 2, maybe other Scaler 2 functions

• Tim Hostetler
    Tim Hostetler Member Posts: 36 Member

Genre tags in maschine broswer

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 135 Advisor

Enable ARP even with non NI controllers

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 135 Advisor

ARP - More choices for the ’Sequence’ parameter AND Sequence customization (user sequences)

• Phatnik
    Phatnik Member Posts: 19 Member

Not really fitting here, but I hope Maschine can also have the DAW functions as the KK Keyboards (Transport, Metro, Quantize, Mixing 4D encoder for scrubbing and track hopping etc.). My Maschine is in perfect position to control Ableton, but only the Keyboard under the desk has those functions, although it has all the same buttons, knows, screens etc.

And I would love to control NKS ready effects as well - but KK does not have an Fx version (why not? Please add!!) and if I add Maschine Fx to tracks, I have to change instance (and save and name it first to not get confused), I wished it would change it when I change tracks like the KK software does.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

My Maschine is in perfect position to control Ableton, but only the Keyboard under the desk has those

I dont use Ableton, but if I remember correctly, there is an Ableton Template for Maschine

• janpeeters
    janpeeters Member Posts: 19 Member

For the Arpegiator functionality please add:

• Random note order
    • Different variations in note patterns (see list in screenshot)
    • Ability to manually create arp patterns (see screenshot)

Omnisphere has a great implementation for an arpegiator.

• EvertJG
    EvertJG Member Posts: 24 Member

Further to Shed Maa's suggestion, for Mikro users an area in the Maschine PC app to show pad values (chords, key values, instrument etc).

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 67 Helper

Please implement compatibility with aftertouch and polyphonic aftertouch.

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 67 Helper

An option in the settings to name your midi devices. So it 's not Komplete Control S49 port 2 but the name of the keyboard (Roland D70 in my case) that's actually on that port. I've got 8 midi devices attached to my Emagic Unitor.

• katto
    katto Member Posts: 7 Member

I would like to see:

1 User defined custom chord sets

2 Color of pads to match Kontakt

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro
    edited January 5

There isn't really a category that these fit into so this is the 'closest' I could find:

CPU usage:

Many of the plugins that work comfortably in Reaper and Bitwig bring Maschine easily to its knees, but if I look at CPU performance in Task Manager, it shouldn't be breaking any kind of sweat.

Something seems very astray in routing / optimisation, and it seems strange that far more complex programmes don't suffer anything like as much.

Drum Routing:

I imagine that the people shouting'Yeah drum routing in Maschine is great!!! It's so quick, easy and methodical' are not so easy to find.

I don't know if anyone understands why the pads are based from C3, rather than C1, which would make more sense to many. OK, you can make your own pad map and save it as a group, but being able to set your own default(s) might be easier.

NI could really do with some good tutorials on drum mapping because so far the only ones I've seen have been elsewhere.

There should surely be some way of mapping the drums in pad mode that allowed the actual programme controls to be viewed from any group, rather than having to jump back to group one every time to access.

Yes, in theory you could use a drum instance in every group, but that's rather resource heavy and hardly an ideal solution.

Considering that Maschine is primarily a groove box, this seems a tad bizarre to say the least.

• Eclectic Lily
    Eclectic Lily Member Posts: 31 Member

It would also be awesome if Maschine DAW would implement a STEM separation tool of high quality.

Nobody else would be interested?

Thank you! 🙏

This discussion has been closed.