Audio dropouts and performance issues after new update on M1 Max Macs

Options
124»

Answers

• Tryptonek
    Tryptonek Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

SAME ISSUE one day all was good and now every single project even ones with minimal content are struggling to play. cpu flutters like crazy when idle and once play is triggered it immediately maxes out.

update restored my Mac to a fresh slate and reinstalled everything, cpu flutters but less than before but a lot of programs are now crashing, playbox and lores in particular when swapping instruments within the vst under the same preset.

• Mike Vamp
    Mike Vamp Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Thank you Solsta and Jeremy for your quick help. I will do a downgrade and wait for an update. ☮️

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,901 mod
    edited April 25
    Options

Hey all, Maschine 2.18 was released yesterday: Maschine 2.18 is out now!

• FIXED previously reported CPU spikes or degenerated CPU performance compared to the prior version

Can you confirm the issue's gone for you?

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

omgggg! Haha amazing that there’s an update. Thanks to all the people behind the scenes working on this stuff. @Jeremy_NI I’m finishing a track I need done in a few hours so then will update after I finish this project in case my issue isn’t fixed I cannot afford to have my cpu freak out, the project is already really big

• solsta
    Options

Upgraded after trying maschine out on my Ventura system. All seems ok in sononma. maschine seems to have weird glitches with dragging and dropping plugins in order and sounds as well.

I can't say for sure why that is, but at the moment it seems usable and cpu appears similar. still monitoring it

• solsta
    Options

It's possibly taking longer to open files and when I save project im noticing more "thinking" behaviour. One project took.a whole 30 seconds to open but this seems possibly intermittent. like the spinning wheel for a second or two here and there. Can't be sure yet but just sharing thoughts and observations as I have them

• solsta
    Options

also CPU usage is higher than normal. unsure if this is being addressed but I can see that my software is more sluggish at the moment