Audio dropouts and performance issues after new update on M1 Max Macs

Options

Answers

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 131 Advisor
    Options

Im having issues.

M1, Sonoma 14.2.1, Maschine 2.17.5

Projects that worked just fine are now crackle porridge. I worked hard on them. They used to be music. Now they are useless. Now they are problems.

What is the official statement on this? Should I, instead of using my time to create music, roll back?

@Jeremy_NI

• boriskaufman
    boriskaufman Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 16
    Options

I uninstalled 2.17.5 and installed 2.16.4 and problem has gone.

link from Jeremy is upper in the thread

• Impermanence
    Options

Thank you @boriskaufman !

I’m still waiting for official statement about this matter. @Jeremy_NI

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,920 mod
    edited January 17
    Options

@Impermanence Well, I wasn't aware of this issue or this thread, I'm trying to see if there were more reports and if this already on the radar. Have you contacted support already?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 18 Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, I was able to get more info. This is already on the radar, the bug is filed under this reference: MAS2-29623, it's still under investigation, we don't have an ETA for a fix at the moment.

Not sure if downgrading will fix it but here's the previous version of Maschine: MASCHINE 2.17.4

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 617 Guru
    Options

In the meantime, M1 Max users are probably better off downgrading for now (?)

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@tetsuneko Great idea, I've updated my answer with a link to the previous version of Maschine.

• boriskaufman
    Options

Problem has gone. Working with a big project on buffer 128, all good.

• Impermanence
    Options

All good. Thank you for taking time to answer. I hope it to be standard, that when severe bug like this is found there should be official statement and recommended actions for the users.

I haven’t contacted the support. Going through the NI helper wizzard takes more time than crying here. And I believe pointing out the problems publicly will lead to better practices eventually.

I was just about to uninstall 2.17.5 and reinstall 2.17.4....then I realized that I actually have Maschine 2.17.5 and Maschine Pro installed on my computer. I tried playing some project that were problematic with 2.17.5 and guess what?

They run ok on Maschine Pro.

Jokes aside. I feel stupid that I didn't remember it earlier. It should be more widely known that you can have more than one version of Maschine installed if you have MacOs.

The Pro version was 2.16.

• boriskaufman
    Options

What is Maschine Pro?? never heard about it.

Google tells nothing 🙃

• Impermanence
    Options

It is a joke. I mean that you can install different version of any program on MacOs if you rename them. This is Pro strategy.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Impermanence Best way to report a bug is to contact support directly. Even though I'm here to help users out there, the forum is not a substitute for support.

If you have a M1 Max, the best is to downgrade yes. I've updated the answer of this thread.

On a side note, working with different versions of Maschine (even if you rename them) can lead to serious issues (since all these different versions share the same database and other system files.

• Mike Vamp
    Mike Vamp Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I can no longer use my live set in Maschine 2 software since the last update. I am using a M1 Pro with the latest operating system 16GB of RAM, and Maschine hardware. The CPU usage is jumpy and the audio output is crackling, making playing impossible. I have checked the CPU usage and it fluctuates between 50 and 60%, so it still has room. This has become a big problem for me. Do you have any suggestions on why this is happening or how I can fix it?"

Maschine 2 Update is also appreciated.

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 107 Helper
    Options

@Mike Vamp have a look here. some of us with the same issue solved it by clicking this link and downgrading to the previous version. It fixes the bug and everything works just like normal but it's finally stable again.

Hopefully an update will come soon and I may wait even then because I dont want some new issue to present itself