Komplete Kontrol UI Issues In Logic Pro With Third-Party Plugins

Options

Answers

• ivicam
    ivicam Member Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 4
    Options

@Matthew_NI @Kymeia

This bug is definitely weirder than I initially thought...

I thought it was specific to AUs and Logic Pro, but it's apparently not. The bug is present when Komplete Kontrol VST3 (not AU) is hosted in JUCE AudioPluginHost, but not when the same VST3 is hosted in Ableton Live or Reaper.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 894 mod
    Options

This image is exactly the bug for which we have a fix coming. It's currently in beta.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,813 mod
    Options

Where can I find the JUCE host to test this?

• ivicam
    Options

It comes with JUCE framework in the extras folder, but you have to build it yourself.

• Kymeia
    Options

Ok that’s beyond me then

• Kymeia
    Options

Although it isn't affecting a JUCE based host - Waveform

• ivicam
    edited March 4
    Options

Does that version also fix the issue with UI completely disappearing after loading a VST3? Is it actually the same bug?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    Options

And what about the similar bug in Ableton, that has been an issue for 2 years now, will that soon see the same amount of attention?

• Kymeia
    edited March 4
    Options

Have you tried Live 12 yet? Just got it and no glitches on my Mac but I am fully aware this was always a Windows issue but there's always a chance this update contains a fix, or alternatively introduces new issues. Either way, I hope you see some improvements soon.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,630 Expert
    Options

Nope, that is a paid upgrade that I am yet to decide if In even need (and I'm past blindly installing things to see if the issue is fixed, I like to know or at least have info in the ticket/s I have raised about it) and the issue is KK since it is not an issue in Maschine with VST or.... ANY other VST I have ever used.

Also note someone already mentioned somewhere the issue is the same in L12. Simple fact remains tho, it was reported as an issue 2 years ago in KK 2.8 and even if it is specifically a Live issue, this is not information afforded to me or anyone else who raised the same problem. I just want to know if we will actually see any serious attention and follow through on this issue given how long it has been standing. Seems some issues (like this one) garner instant action, while other issues (seemingly the same kind of problem) are simply swept aside and ignored, kind of how I feel as a user sometimes...

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 894 mod
    Options

The issue with plug-in user interfaces not displaying correctly when hosted inside KK inside Live is well documented.

We did look into it, and determined that the issue could only be fixed on the plug-in(s) side, and reported it back to the manufacturers we are aware of being affected.

• Kymeia
    edited March 5
    Options

KK update that fixes the Logic issue (and hopefully also the JUCE one although I can't test that) is out now

• ivicam
    Options

It is indeed fixed.

• BeppeR
    BeppeR Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

What is the best way to integrate Arturia V today (end April 2024) in Komplete Kontrol

I had to lod as a user directory

Any suggestion?