Change Midi CC assignments on Kontrol S61 Mk3?

Options
13»

Answers

• DigitalAudioDaily
    DigitalAudioDaily Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I returned my s61 MK3 for this exact reason. The VST's are cool and all but limiting the device to software and not providing a way to program custom MIDI was a deal breaker. Loved the keyboard and interface however I bought it for a great keyboard to plug in and program the buttons and knobs to hardware. Kontrol software IMO sucks for what you have to pay for it.

I'd consider picking up a new one if and when they ship the custom functionality.

• Richard Vetro
    Richard Vetro Member Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 7
    Options

I also use Cubase 13.

Currently I have to run and additional controller for Cubase DAW functionality.

I am using the Nektar P1 mixing controller. It's pretty old but works well.

I have also created a custom midi remote script for it. The P1 will allow me me access quick controls and focused quick controls for all Cubase functions and 3rd party VST related plugins.

This set up does work well but really... I should not have to replace my Arturia Keylab MKII with 2 midi controllers to provide the same functionality.

The Kontrol S-Series MK3 will only handle transport and some basic mixer functionality as far as I am aware.

• chrism018
    chrism018 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

We NEED MIDI Templates NOW!!! How are we supposed to even send a program change to another MIDI hardware device?