Noire can no longer load on Kontakt 6

Options
bbara
bbara Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just bulk updated my plugins and can no longer load Noire. Kontakt is on version 6.8.0 and Noire is on 1.2.0. I'm getting the message "Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file. Please update to the latest version." I'm on the latest version of Kontakt 6... is NI really expecting me to buy the latest version of Kontakt just to keep using the plugins I already own?

As far as I can tell, there's no way to downgrade Noire to a previous version through Native Access.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,137 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Aaron R Brown
    Aaron R Brown Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thanks for the links. It's a bad UI design to allow users to update all and wind up with a bunch of incompatible software. I hope NI can update access to update to users software limits and ask before creating such incompatibilities simply because we are trying to save time and "update all".

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

I already suggested this to Native Instruments but appear to either not have happened or not going to happen (?)

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

If you just want to play the instruments you can always install the Kontakt 7 Player.

• sabanova
    sabanova Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks a million for these links!

I could not use Noire anymore after installing the instrument update. Thought I'd had to upgrade my whole system in order to run it again. These dmg's really helped in so many ways. THANKS!

• Elder In Israel
    Elder In Israel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options
    > @Monochrome said:
    > Check out the following thread for an explanation and a download link for a previous version:

Hello! Thanks so much for helping us get through this. The problem I have is the link to download Noire and Hybrid Keys works great. I install it and it continues to say, "Your version of Kontakt is too old to load this file. Please update to the latest version." I am on the latest version of Kontakt 6 and it still doesn't work. I really love Noire and Hybrid Keys so much. Is this just a loss for me? Thanks for any help