Summer of Sound is here. What y'all doing?

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,285 Expert
    Options

I think it’s only 2 PA vouchers. I don’t see any NI voucher. And maybe this is why they take longer (being from “another” company). How long have you been waiting?

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

I completely agree. Stop putting out new products to make money and make us pay for improving the products we use. Even if I will in any case fall victim of the offer, cause there is a couple of things I’m interested to and buying them singularly will cost me more than the offer.

We can say A LOT of things about NI, but not that these offers don’t have a really good price

But this is the thing I really don’t understand about NI. Every time I have to pay for an update for Studio One I’m so damn happy, cause it means the product I use is getting some serious improvement. Why NI doesn’t understand this?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

Only a day and it is the weekend but it's just everything else came pretty much within a few minutes so I just need to know if I am missing something - it does say e-voucher too btw - usually they come in the same email but I can't see it either

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

If I’m correct and there is no NI voucher (that could be automated), probably being WE and being the voucher from another company (even if part of the same group) could be the cause. But the fact you received the code for PA plugins could prove me wrong

In any case, if I will buy the update to 14 collectors and you are interested in my 3 vouchers for PA, I could sell them to you for a good price, since I’m not interested in them (as long as on PA you can use vouchers together, differently from NI) ☺️

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Oh…ok…I see now your edit. Strange. In the comparison page the NI voucher is not mentioned. This NI site is really full of errors ☺️

Now…if the error is in the page you link or in the comparison page…this i don’t know…

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

It's probably just because it's the weekend - maybe they process the vouchers differently? Thanks I'll wait a bit longer first. I just wondered if I had to look somewhere else in my PA/NI account for something (except I tried that)

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I hope it’s just a WE thing. Some days ago another user asked about vouchers too. He was waiting from 48 hours. But it was Monday and I haven’t heard from him anymore. Maybe he then received the voucher, and this could confirm the “no voucher on WE” thing

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I def' front every time and don't get CE upgrade since they started. But it will be a K15 soon, thanks for the insight.

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
    edited May 2023
    Options

Excited to purchase the Expansion Higher Place! with the voucher that I got with Komplete bundle.🤙 Fingers crossed that N.I. will also do a Trance Expansion next to go with the recent Utopia series. 🤞

• The P.O.T.Y
    The P.O.T.Y Member Posts: 41 Member
    Options

IDK why for sure but someone will see this and most likely be able to explain. I was in similar dilemma, I was still at an early Komplete and had to make a jump. When they intro SELECT then later CE into the mix. My first price was weird also, between my Maschine, Select, and full Komplete update/upgrade qualifications. Thats kinda why I utilize SOS event, every year. Hope you get what you want, and stay creating. Maschine 3.0 and Reaktor 7 let's go!

• Kymeia
    Options

Great - still not got mine, which is a bit annoying as I want to use the PA ones in the sale while it is still on

• Royal Tee
    Royal Tee Member Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Yes, That's the only "upside" I can think of is getting to use the "newer" stuff but other than that, IMO I don't think that's a fair deal for the people forking out the $$ for collector editions.

I was just trying to bring some awareness to this pricing "strategy" of theirs. $250 vs $500 for the exact same thing is not what I call a fair price upgrade. I seriously would have waited had I known this.

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

I'm probably going to go ahead and do the 14UCE update. It seems the bass and guitar libraries I'm after are in ultimate and collectors adds a couple of new instruments. I'm not all that interested in more "sample pack"/expansions, but maybe there are some multisampled instruments in there somewhere. I can talk myself into spending the extra $50.

NI wins this round. gg

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Unluckily you won’t be able to do it during Summer of Sound. Vouchers can’t be used on products which are already in an offer

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023
    Options

I can explain it, but you won’t like the answer

Being an owner of k12UCE, your only path is the update for Collectors. All the other are considered downgrades and NI doesn’t take in consideration you already own a biiiiig bundle and already paid for many of the instruments.

Therefore it is searching for another base product on which applying the discounts for smaller bundles (and picking up your Maschine+).

So…if you already paid for a lot of products and gave them good money for the biggest bundle and now you are interested in just a few instruments that are inside a smaller bundle…the simply don’t care…

That said…we must be honest and admit the prices during Summer of Sound are so good that something like this is almost inevitable. As an example: the update price for Standard edition if you own a previous Select is 99$ (which is the price of just 2 expansions). What should they do? Give it to us for 30 bucks cause we also own a Collectors Edition? In any case with the standard I would get 10 instruments, 5 Maschine expansions and 10 Massive X expansions. Less than 99$ would really be like stealing from them 😉

Even if I agree that seeing that an user with just a previous Select version must pay the same price as me owning Collectors to buy Standard (and he will get maaaaany more products) , we must admit that 99 is a good price for both. Surely better for him…but…hey…let’s be happy for someone’s else luck for one time👍🏼