native access stuck on loading products / Issue January 2023

Options

Answers

• Somnonaut
    Somnonaut Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Native Access is suddenly broken for me as well. I followed the steps outline above, as best I could.

1. Removed the Native Access Registry Entry
    2. There was no NTK entry to remove, so not remove
    3. Went to %localappdata% to remove the Native Access Folder and the NTK folder, but there were none to remove, so not removed - at least not by me.
  • Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 252 Pro
    edited June 2023
    Options

Looks like a problem on NI's end, got the same issue here.

• nia
    nia Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

In Windows, I did the following steps that resolved it for me:

• Closed Native Access app
    • Opened Task Manager
    • Open Services tab
    • Right clicked NTKDaemonService
    • Clicked Restart
    • Opened Native Access again

I hope it doesn't cause any problems that I did that (I don't know exactly what it does) but it seemed OK so far at least.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 252 Pro
    Options
  • Cyp
    Cyp Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hello

I having the same problem on MacOS.

Someone have an issue?

Thank You

• tai__pan__
    tai__pan__ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi,

I am having the same issue on MacOS. I bought a few Kontakt instruments (bundle offer), they installed correctly, loaded Kontakt up in my DAW and it shows as a demo product, when attempting to 'Activate' it, NI Access gets stuck in Loading Products page.

I've followed the Support articles about how to remedy products stuck in 'Demo' status. Verified full disk access, killed the daemon, reinstalled, and am still having the issue.

Also just to be clear, the possible blockers mentioned earlier (VPN/Antivirus/or Network Security) are not the issue.

Looking forward to a fix so I can use the Kontakt instruments I purchased.

EDIT: So, if I open my DAW, open Kontakt Player, and open the instrument, and click activate, I can wait about 20 minutes for Native Access to load but no activation status goes through (Instrument still shows Demo, and oddly at first install it asked me to install a dependency, Kontakt Player 6 and wouldn't recognize 7). If I clear the instrument off of my machine entirely, delete the library, delete the plist file etc. Native Access works as normal. For the fun of it, I tried to reinstall for a third time after clearing everything and have not been successful.

Really a strange bug.

Thanks

• jkirch
    jkirch Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I started today, it was fine. My PC went to sleep (my fault for not setting it not to). I came back to the Loading Products endless wait screen. I've tried everything in this thread, no luck.

This is far from the start I want to have with software/hardware that cost this much. I hope it's a temporary outage.

• Kirillsun
    Kirillsun Member Posts: 9 Newcomer
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same issue. Mac OS, m1.

Edit: I was able to open it by removing some native configuration files, but now I need to re-install Kontakt and other plugins.

(I didn't try illuminating the problem and removed both plist files and native folders, so the problem might be with any of those folders/files...)

I removed native folders from

/Library/application support

and native pliss files from

/Library/preferences/

then restarted the laptop.

• Sebas Mei
    Sebas Mei Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

yes, June 21 there is a bug in the native access app. Im on M1 chip.

Hope NI working in a new patch already.

When i install my products they show as DEMO

When i follow the instructions from this post https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402377887121-My-Products-Are-Showing-As-DEMO-in-Native-Access#:~:text=It%20may%20be%20that%20you,to%20register%20your%20NI%20products.

The app crashes in the "loading products" screen.

I need to do full clean up and reinstall for the app to open. There is a message that pops up in the app saying installation wont work as expected.

Please give us solution ASAP NI

• bLuN4
    bLuN4 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

same issue. stuck on the loading products screen. m1 mac.

• Greg Busby
    Greg Busby Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Win 10

After trying each of the suggestions for Windows systems I am still experiencing this persistent problem: Native Access hangs after downloading updates and beginning Installation.

Downloaded and Installed Kontakt, Guitar Rig updates but Maschine 2 update got stuck upon Installing.

I am sometimes able to manually install them by opening the .zip files in the Downloads folder. The Native Access program continues the attempt to Install while showing the endless "Pong" light bouncing at the bottom of the screen.

Has anyone found a permanent solution to this problem?

• tai__pan__
    tai__pan__ Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@Jeremy_NI @Rich_NI

Any movement on this, or word about a workaround?

I think you guys are off on weekends, and was wondering if there was an update.

Thank you for your help!

• Earnest
    Earnest Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same issue. Initially it worked and I installed everything, then I got the loading products page. I deleted everything people said to in this thread, reinstalled it, then it worked and I signed in and tried to register my products, they were stuck in demo mode, didn't work, then I got the loading products again. I haven't gotten the chance to use this stuff yet and I really wish I could. We need help NI

• jkleiner
    jkleiner Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Same issue for me. Reinstalled numerous times and still getting stuck on “loading products” after it locks up and I attempted to restart during instrument install. My products that have installed are tagged “Demo” and won’t activate. The apps just crash during activation. Very odd.

Definitely not related to AV, firewall or network security.

I have a 2023 MacBook Pro with M2 Processor.

I hope they are reading this thread…

• mhaly
    mhaly Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Strangely enough, turning off Windows 11's "Real-time protection" option in "Virus & threat protection" seemed to work for me. I don't understand how that could prevent Native Access from functioning properly seeing as this is only a built-in software from the OS.

I hope this helps and that NI team would release a newer patch that would go around this just like older patches would.

This discussion has been closed.