Favourite DAW with NI

Options

Comments

• Marc De Schryver
    Marc De Schryver Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I think most DAW’s today are good to great.

The difference will be the workflow and the sweet-spot of each DAW.

I’m a longtime Cubase user (20+ years) but have also started using Studio One. It is an easy switch because they both have very similar flow. Studio One does feel lighter but, misses some essential things that are present in Cubase. MPE is “official supported by Studio One but I’m not able to get my Roli Seabord to work properly.

This is because a instrument track in Studio One only supports 1 midi channel at the time, while e.g. Cubase supports both single channel and all (16) channels, which is needed for MPE to work properly… well, at least the Seaboard Rise.

Otherwise Studio One is great and getting better with very version.

Cubase still remains my favourite.

• Ju.de
    Ju.de Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Maschine2 for me work very well make me to don't use logicproX, NEED BETTER IMPROVE IN ARRANGER VIEW AND RECORDING REAL INSTRUMENTS FASTER zit out to much set-up and I hope soon Maschine3 will come soon with many great new feature I can't wait for than and I hope Maschine3 gonna be the best DAW ever, specially using Native Instruments HARDWARES like Maschine MK3/+ or komplete kontrol Mk2

• Tim.shepherd
    Tim.shepherd Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I use Live, ProTools, and Logic. The Daw doesn’t matter too much to me. The integration of hardware and software UI that NI do is what makes NI a workhorse. There is no better combo for Production. NI have kind of removed some of the issues with some DAWs.

• Kate
    Kate Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hey everyone,

I read your posts and, yes is the question is the DAW we re using ? I would like to ask which hardware are you using ?

I am using an imac I7 3.6 GHZ quad core, 16 Go DDR4, withLogic Pro, komplete konrol keyboard, apoloo twin x (UA) and external ssd hard drive (crucial mx500 2 To) and I experiment slow and slow, especially instruments time loading - especially with NI-, and some crashed too with something like 10 tracks or more when I compose for orchestra, and it s becoming worse...

So the best question seems to be for me, which hardware are you using for to be quiet ?

Would it be just a memory problem, 16 Go not enough ?

Thanks for this exchange and enjoy music.

Kate

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Cakewalk since... I cannot remember but more than 10 years for sure.

• Songster-Steve
    Songster-Steve Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Ableton Live

• Ed 100
    Ed 100 Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Don't know anything other than Cubase, now Cubase 12. Never a glitch to date, seamless operation, long may it remain so...'Long Live NI...God Save NI !!!'...and Cubase too

• Siro Dj
    Siro Dj Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Claramente da igual el DAW que se utilice, siempre que sea compatible con NI y puedas mapear las rutas y controles.

ABLETON Live es una de las joyas de la corona por no decir la joya, por inoovación y romper el mundo de los DAWS antes que ninguno otro, porque te da y hace lo que otros DAWs no han podido hacer hasta ahora, y es, a parte de la Producción Mezcla y Masterización... hacer Directos e Improvisación con el DAW en el Club o Festival, claro, si quieres exprimir las funciones y utilizarlo para Crear música instantaneamente.

Si tan solo vas a usar tu DAW en el estudio, te da igual, aunque habiendo probado varios, me quedo con ABLETON Live, sin lugar a dudas...

• rixax
    rixax Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Digital Performer. I use a ton of NI instruments as well as Opus One and Falcon libraries.

• GabriellaMistral
    GabriellaMistral Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Depends what kind of work I'm doing. For midi performance/recording (playing sample libraries etc) I use Logic. For predominantly audio work I prefer Pro Tools. So for NI resources mainly Logic

• 3lbBabySledge
    3lbBabySledge Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Right now Harrison Mixbus 32c and an Apollo Twin are what function best with my NI programs. I have been a decades-long MOTU DP user, now running DP 10.13. DP is an off/on-again nightmare for tech issues tho, despite having a solid studio system. I have been steadily transitioning to Harrison Mixbus 32C and so far Kontakt & MIxbus are butter together. DP causes significant amounts of chokes, CPU spikes - and - Kontakt (and other NI programs) to jam up or grind down. Latency out of Kontakt - in DP only - is unbearable as well. This doesn't happen in Mixbus, though. Or ProTools. Have not done much with Kontakt in Logic but it seemed ok in my limited experience.

• Eclectic Lily
    Eclectic Lily Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Maschine and Logic Pro

• mjames4208
    mjames4208 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Logic Pro is my choice.

• Simoney
    Simoney Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I started with Ableton, after spent a lot of time reading on the net about every major DAW. I don’t plan to change it.

• denchk
    denchk Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

I just moved to Bitwig.

Looks like it's very stable and smooth working DAW. 

Super flexible and fun to use - you can modulate almost everything, you can build your own complex synth and devices that can replace many of paid plugins.

Not hard to learn, how it may seem for a first glance - check out Polarity Music on YouTube.

Great MIDI and keyboard shortcuts assignment possibilities.

Good integration with NI controllers, for some with additional extensions by Jürgen Moßgraber.

Yes, Bitwig has some rough edges but they are constantly improving its workflow.

I've only been using it for a couple of weeks but definitely recommend to give it a try and get a trial.

Just want to share with you, not an ad 😄