Favourite DAW with NI

Comments

• likes2tap.a.beat
    likes2tap.a.beat Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have tried Ableton and FL Studio, but frankly I like using the Maschine software the best. The ease of starting drum tracks with expansion patterns, being able to quickly choose a scale, along with the MK3 and komplete keyboard is just completely winning. It makes it super easy to bang out a beat. Sure, it’s not the easiest to do transitions or to finish a track but I’m not selling music anyway.

• GPLB
    GPLB Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I use REAPER - it's a good fit for my workflow, it's fast, it's small and very versatile. It could take a while to get to know the options the DAW gives you, but it could adapt to any ideas I had.

One of the less used features, but still nice to have, is, that I can also put a video inside. That's a nice option, if I want to create some kind of soundtrack.

Up to now, I could get all results that I wanted. And it works very stable and reliably.

Greetings

GPLB

• ysseo
    ysseo Member Posts: 2 Member

Atari: Pro24 -> Notaror Alpha -> Notator

PC: Logic Platinum -> Cubase AI -> Artiste -> Pro

Tried:

- Ableton, Bitwig, for sure a good cubase alternative :)

- Maschine 2, never

• BB-BB
    BB-BB Member Posts: 5 Member

I use Logic. Have always used Logic since its days with Emagic. The integration works well.

• Yon
    Yon Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Studio one 6, the best !!

• ks4music
    ks4music Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have ProTools 10 but I find it cumbersome - so for my writing and recording projects (Vocal, Guitars & keyboards) I find it simpler to use Cakewalk - with Audacity for some sound filtering and using MPC Beats for my Yamaha & Akai synth midi interface and for rhythm's development. I interface analog through a Behringer 12ch usb/fx mixer. Happy Mixing!😃

• TopKlass
    TopKlass Member Posts: 2 Member

Sense I only use Logic and ProTools Its hard to say which DAW is superior. I Use Logic for production and midi stuff and ProTools for almost everything else. I also use different plugins in each DAW. When working in Logic I primarily use Kontakt for instruments, Maschine for drum and percussion samples and maybe massive. When working in ProTools I use GuitarRig for saturation, reverb, delay etc. I also like to use Battery when mixing songs to add other elements or to do drum replacement. My recommendation is to use Logic especially sense they don't have a subscription based model. I us protools because it has become the industry standard for major label projects (in my opinion). Hopefully someone finds my long rant useful and remember the golden rule for music, If it sounds good then it is good. 😎✌🏻

• Joe Salazar
    Joe Salazar Member Posts: 1 Member

As many people already said, everyone is just going to mention the DAW they use. I own FL Studio and Ableton Live, but my favorite is Ableton Live, not because of anything related to NI but simply because it works better for me.

• ozdrjohn
    ozdrjohn Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

for me its cubase pro all the way. NI works seamlessly and does what it ways on the tin!

• IQMusic
    IQMusic Member Posts: 92 Helper
    edited April 2023

Maschine 2 is my go to, however I do like the idea of using it in Logic as a plugin.

• Socrates
    Socrates Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I can't tell you ...!!!

I just use Cubase all my life !

• Reaktfan
    Reaktfan Member Posts: 11 Member

I miss using Liquid Mix in my DAW its the 64bit instead of 32bit which was the problem and for some reason focus rite won't update the program, Grrrrr.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor

Exactly the same for me, though I gave FL a solid try for a few months. When reopening Ableton it felt like coming home, lol. Hardly ever used FL since.

• Senseixon
    Senseixon Member Posts: 14 Member

I’m using Logic Pro and Maschine 2!

• Kim the Pasta Thief
    Kim the Pasta Thief Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've used a lot of DAWs over time. I'm currently using Ableton Live, but I fell into it more than selected it, and I have to admit that I don't love it. I was using Logic Pro X prior and adored it. I think my mind is just very linear, so I find working that way more natural. When my iMac died and I moved to a Windows box for financial reasons, though, I crossed over to Live.

I will say that I've been thinking of jumping ship to Linux, and likely moving to Ardour. I've heard of people having success with using NI plugins with it through WINE, but I'm sure that'll be a whole adventure to get going. :)