Favourite DAW with NI

Comments

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 356 Pro
    edited April 2023

It certainly will. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go that way, but, maybe you're lucky...

Linux is for system administrators, Windows and Mac OS are for users who just want to use their computers.

Note also that you will get more CPU consumption with any kind of emulation, or wrapping, or anything, which is necessary for running Windows software on Linux. And, that's something we want to avoid for tasks which are already CPU heavy, right?

• Shed Maa
    Shed Maa Member Posts: 68 Member

I use Studio One as my DAW but more often than not I'm using MPC software. I have the Mikro MK and the MPC Studio. What I love most is that I can use my Native Instruments inside of MPC software and the A49 works very well with the MPC Software as well.

• Dub
    Dub Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I use Reason since 1999 and the controller from NI does not work with Reason Studio ...

I gave my KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 to a friend , he works with AbletonLive

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member

Maschine 3 ☺️ ....I really am comfortable with maschine software....less is more for me.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 151 Advisor

Logic Pro, because of how well the controllers work with it in addition to the fact that you can use plug-ins as MIDI Processors or MIDI-Controlled FX.

Logic has the best architecture for working with third-party virtual virtual instrument and FX plug-ins.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 389 Pro

Logic Pro X since forever. I used to use Maschine software as a DAW for a while, but I’ve soon hit the wall with its limitations. I’m now using Maschine as a drum plugin in Logic. I also use Kontakt, FM8 and Massive/Massive X

• Mike music
    Mike music Member Posts: 5 Member

My 1st Daw was maschine 2 then I started using FL studio. So I use NI manly in FL if I’m not using Mashine software.

• Danny Weatherly
    Danny Weatherly Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Started with Cubase 8. Since Steinberg went out of business have switched to Logic Pro. After the learning curve, I think I like it better.

• rockinbear
    rockinbear Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I formerly worked with Cakewalk Sonar, but with the EOL by Gipson I changed to Steinberg Cubase. I tried Studio One, but one of the major advantages of Cubase is the Control Room - never found it at otther DAW. Cubase 10 was quite unstable, but 12 is now very reliable and performant. Actualle, I really use big plugins like from EastWest or Shreddage which consumes much RAM and CPU load, but never ran into problems.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

Another vote for Studio One here. Used Cubase SX right through to version 10 but once I started using S1 everything came together for me in a way that never happened in Cubase. Can't say why exactly. I just clicked.

• KennyV9
    KennyV9 Member Posts: 16 Member

I have used Cubase for years, and I use NI instruments most of the time. I have a system that works for me. I use Battery 4 for kick and snare drums usually, and I trigger them with Maschine Mikro MK3. I usually use Butch Big drums for the high hats or cymbals. I also have a KK A49 keyboard for playing the other instruments, and I love the integration of controls with NI instruments and Cubase. Cubase can now configure for hardware controls, so I can use Maschine Mikro MK3 and A49 to control many Cubase features.

• Ripw4
    Ripw4 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

When I’m not taking my cassette tapes and stufffing tiny bits of paper into the little holes on the top so i can record over them I am using Logic Pro x. Even with the $1000s I’ve spent i still sound like a really talented cat getting its tail stepped on. But in a talented way.

• afrogrit
    afrogrit Member Posts: 57 Helper

for me Maschine does it for me

• only1alientune
    only1alientune Member Posts: 13 Member

i use fl studio both the new massive x and the old massive i use harmor too i make most of my sounds from scratch sometimes i use stock sounds in my opinion ableton has a slower workflow and is hard to use when coming from fl studio plus you can't beat the lifetime updates but i do like ableton because they have a lot of tools for sound design i never used studio one but heard great things about it