Studio one can't find Battery kits

Michael Terry
Michael Terry Member Posts: 55 Member
edited March 2022 in Battery 4

doing a project using Battery in a pretty big way.... importing new samples, saving my own kits etc.... within Studio One 5.5

After importing samples and getting settings correctly I save the kit. When I re open battery for any reason Battery can't find the kit or the samples. I have saved everything to a Samsung ext SSD. But Battery keeps looking in my documents folder where certain other Battery info is kept.

What is the protocol for Battery file management? Should I move the factory library to my documents folder and keep battery all in the same location?

Best Answer

• Michael Terry
    Answer ✓

they are both 4.2.......... I think I've got it covered. I created a new instance of Battery, loaded the custom kit

and applied the midi to the new instance. Deleted the old instance... problem solved.Thanks for your time and help.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited March 2022

This is happening during the same session? meaning you close the plugin, reopen it and the samples are missing?

• Michael Terry

that is correct..... I can reload the kit very quickly but I have to keep the plugin visible or I lose the samples

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

I can say that I have never seen or heard of that happening, unfortunately I do not have Studio One, so I can't attempt to replicate... Best to wait and see if another S1 user can chime in!!

Edit, you might want to add that it is Studio One in the Post Title...get more tracktion from S1 Users...

• Michael Terry

I would say this has more to do with where Battery is looking for file, samples and kits. Sadly I have things in two places and I'm sure that's what is causing the trouble. Do you use Battery and where do you have everything stored?

• Blindeddie

I do use Battery and I have a folder that I keep Third Party and my own kits in. Factory Library is in a different location and the expansions have there own folder structure, so I just let them be...

• Michael Terry

Ummm, no matter what I do the plugin continues to ask me where the samples are…. I tell battery where to look and I’m back in business again…. Annoying!

• Blindeddie

Have you tried creating a kit on. Standalone to see if you get the same behavior? Have you tried running Studio One as an Administrator?

• Michael Terry

In standalone I seem to be fine.... within the session seems to be the problem.

• Michael Terry

New kits seem to go to a default location in my documents folder.... anyway to change that?

• Blindeddie

Well you should be able to save to any location you want…using “Save Kit As”… or do you not get a choice?

• Michael Terry

Bizarre behavior for sure.... Every time I open the session now a totally random kit comes up in Battery even though I'm saving the session with my newly constructed and saved kit. I'm afraid I'll have to deal with this quirky behavior until this session is over.

• Blindeddie

Just thought of something… verify that the Standalone and Plugin are the same version number… when there is a mismatch between the two, strange things happen…and this qualifies as “Strange” 🤪

• Michael Terry
    Answer ✓

they are both 4.2.......... I think I've got it covered. I created a new instance of Battery, loaded the custom kit

and applied the midi to the new instance. Deleted the old instance... problem solved.Thanks for your time and help.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Michael Terry Battery resetting to a default location is indeed a Battery 4.2.0 bug. :( Downgrading to a previous version can help. If you wanna downgrade you can write to our support team so they can share a download link: https://bit.ly/n1battery

•  Airbud
    Airbud Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm having the exact same problem...Factory content is stored on a separate drive. Studio One sessions with Battery don't remember where the samples are stored. Stand alone version is fine.