Any insight available into M1 native compatibility

geowars2
geowars2 Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi,

With Traktor Pro currently running in emulation via Rosetta on M1 Macs, just wondering if there is any update available on what will happen next with that?

Will Traktor go native soon?

Traktor does work absolutely fine with my M1 Mac Mini via Rosetta but I'd be interested to see if it'll run even better natively. I stream and record while playing so it always helps to reduce CPU and memory use and there does appear to be some overhead running Traktor through Rosetta.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Will do some time in the future, when no one knows, only that at some stage between now and the worlds end, it will come.... Probably just as a new macOS release comes out which will kick start the whole saga off again ensuring nothing else is ever worked on.

• geowars2
    geowars2 Member Posts: 14 Member

"no one knows"

Well hopefully the NI team do lol. I'm sure they have a roadmap or plan, right?! šŸ˜…

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper
    edited February 2022

I'm Hoping it will be announced along with some soon to be released hardware.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,622 mod

Hopefully we will have the native M1 support before Apple remove the Rosetta translator. That would be a real issue to all Traktor DJ's who use M1.

• Tim Slawik
    Tim Slawik Member Posts: 12 Member

@Matt_NI @Kaiwan_NI

please just a short , true Update about this. 3 weeks? 3 months? It's better to know the Truth then saying nothing ...

• Valentin Cristescu
    Valentin Cristescu Member Posts: 12 Member

COMMUNICATON !

That's what it's about. We look at how other software makes improvements once a month. Serato, for example, has solved the M1 problem since December

I really don't know what else to say...

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Guys, the problem with fixing something is you don't always know how long it will take.

NI have communicated that this is being worked on.

Information will come when information is ready.

Karlos.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Tim Slawik Don't think there'll be an update in the next month unfortunately.

• Tim Slawik
    Tim Slawik Member Posts: 12 Member

Yes but we paid a lot of money for new MacBooks to have a safe run. Now, we have to slow down our MacBook to run Traktor. that's not good. Serato is working - so I think if they want that people stay with Traktor and new user buy the Traktor pro product they should handle the problem! I use Traktor since over 10 Years. But if there is no solution I need to change so serrate , because I want to use my expensive MacBook 14` with full power.

I think it's legal that we ask for some news about this or?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited March 2022

We don't have a concrete timeline yet regarding M1 compatibility for Traktor. It will come, and we'll share more as soon as we have more from our devs.