NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Yes, you are right. I remember having to resave one or two, editing that vendor name to get them to match up.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 418 Guru
    Options

Great news- I've just received the NFR licenses from Beatskillz, although they're locked to an account, so I'll have to do each of them. I'm happy to do so.

I'm out at a client on Tuesday, but I'll get started on these for you on Wednesday, Juho!

• lorenzothegeek
    lorenzothegeek Member Posts: 8 Newcomer
    Options

One or two I can understand that, but how would you deal with the case of big preset lists ? You surely won't do them one by one ? Same for controller setup, they are done per preset, how do you apply them to all presets from a given plugin ? Directly editing the nksf files seems a bit tricky as the RIFF format it's made of has a length tag so it's not only a matter of replacing or inserting a few bytes here and there :/ Best workaround I've found is importing controller stuff to preset magician, and reexporting presets with it, but that's where you end up with the vendor naming issue I came initially here for lol.

BTW, I noticed that the knobs assigments for Valhalla are screwed up on my S61, they display japanese characters, and there's nothing in the preset itself, hence my question above...

Cheers,

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

You can edit Company name retrospectively for all presets at once (just select all with cmd A), or as I do normally, just in the original template then that is applied to all NKS subsequently saved from that. For controller setup I make sure the template is setup right before saving out NKS patches as a rule.

Be sure you are using the right version - there is one for VST2 and one for VST3 - params don't match up if you use the wrong one

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Yep. Edit them all at once as user presets and then just replace the files in the factory folder.

• Juho Tuomainen
    Juho Tuomainen Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Vagus, Thanks a lot on your information! I am looking forward to seeing the .nksf files on both the HALO 2 and the BeatSkillz products even though (I realised) that the BeatSkillz ones are more important for me right now. I also contacted BeatSkillz's customer support and a customer representative answered that they had added the content to the proper user account, so luckily the things will start moving now gradually but steadily forward!

Kind regards,

Juho Tuomainen

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

Also i have started to convert HALO-2 to NKS (Dan is a very helpful guy and send me the NFR version)

Hope until the end of the week It will be ready

• lorenzothegeek
    Options

Hem, no matter what I do, plugins images won'y show anywhere, I've tried with spire and finally got back to community made one (which doesn't work for preset magician exported presets).

Now I'm struggling with one of my own plugins which name contains a space, I'bve tried the md5 hack:

plugin name is : "FrankenVerb VST" and "FrankenVerb VST3",

so I hashed both as they're written above (tested both VST2 and VST3 just in case), and got this:

frankenverbvst_027f2d8b5da9112a48555baa0083c2f6

and

frankenverbvst3_f9e2b32e779bc7e0c425efaf180254bb

Named dist_database subfolders and meta files with these identifiers, same for image folders.

Still no image anywhere, though the nks file (directly created in Kontrol) load properly.

I must have done something wrong but can't figure out what :/

Note I'm running macOS

Any advice appreciated :p

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Spire is probably not the best one to test this with as it has always been one of the hardest to setup reliable images folders for and they also kept changing the plugin name

Spaces are not normally a problem though anyway - lots of working NKS templates with plugins with spaces - it's things like developer name having a .com or unusual characters in the filename that cause problems as a rule

Can you dm me a demo of it and I can give it a try?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

remove any nonsense number, such as _027f2d8b5da9112a48555baa0083c2f6 from everywhere (dist_database and image subfolders and all meta files) and keep only the real name!

• Kymeia
    Options

Also you don't mention whether you put the plugin folder inside a developer named folder in dist_database and image - that is needed too, and the plugin name has to be identical to how it appears in Komplete Kontrol in the plugin field when you open the edit panel

• lorenzothegeek
    Options

This was my first attempt, lower case, regular, etc, to no avail, hence the md5 trick attempts I did...

• Kymeia
    Options

Sent you a working version :)

• lorenzothegeek
    Options

Think got it working following your latest comment above !

"the plugin name has to be identical to how it appears in Komplete Kontrol in the plugin field when you open the edit panel"

Editing files atm

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yep - that's what I thought but sent you a fixed example just in case - you don't need things like .vst3

Identical except all lower case of course ;)