NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    Options

Got fed up with waiting on Waldorf to fix NKS on Apple Silicon/VST3 so here is a VST3 template for Largo - presets will follow in time (don't need to post thumbnails etc for this as it already has a NKS version but it just didn't work for the VST3)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j0pgkiglrwez69/Largo%20VST3%20template.nksf.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

OK here is the Largo factory NKS fully tagged and with previews - maybe it's just on my system but I found Waldorf had not actually tagged or created a separate bank for factory patches so these are all done from scratch with new previews as well as I couldn't find the original previews (think they are mixed up in the old previews library by NI)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sj2b0o7ud26xbgg/Largo%20Factory%20NKS.zip?dl=0

I'm not planning to do the add-on banks unless there is one people particularly like (or see this as I've given you the tools to do it yourselves) - I thought about doing the same for Waldorf Nave but it has nearly a 1000 presets! - too many for me - but maybe PPGWave factory bank when I get round to it.

Also I have fixed a lot of Softube stuff I have (the ones that come as NKS already) and will post those shortly, and am working on a template for Soundmorph Dust (synth is done but not fx version yet)

• Kymeia
    Options

Here is SoundMorph Dust - a rather whacky and hard to control but interesting granular - comes as synth and effect - I had to rename the effect version in the template to remove the brackets from (fx) which made it impossible for KK to find the thumbnails

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbbrvwok7k5uakx/Dust%20VST3%20NKS%20template.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    Options

Also just bought this as it's on sale at the moment and I've been wanting it for ages - a very powerful modular with a great sound - just the template and resources, there are a lot of presets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgcwu5vd4lkcnzi/Hyperion%20VST3%20NKS%20template.zip?dl=0

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

What is the status for Spire 1.5.15. (latest VST3):

Stable in KK/Maschine?

Migration of NKS from VST2 to VST3?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,613 Expert
    Options

I never had VST2 for it but I do now have VST3 and it is fine for me, the only things to note whihc have always been the case is the GUI size and selected template are (stupidly) stored within the preset data so the size/template I used to make the NKS files (which is default) is what is recalled. I may look at generating several versions of the library with a few different size/template selections but I also suggested to the dev to make this setting a plugin setting, not a preset setting and they said they would consider this as an option.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

Thanks. Looks like I managed to glitch delete my Spire VST3 question 😂

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,366 mod
    Options

Very well done! 👍️

I noticed only one mistake, one of my archives is in wrong directory, the Xfer Records LFOTool.zip. It is VST2 only and does not migrate either. You have it in the Current VST3 folder. :-)

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - will move - there are bound to be a few things I missed

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

btw in doing this I realised we still don't have NKS for Fabfilter Twin 3 VST3, only the VST2 version, so I will do those next now it appears to be more stable (unless I missed some?)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,366 mod
    Options

LOL... it seems that we all waited the same thing! 😂

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

In the meantime I've just uploaded a fixed template for u-he ACE VST3 (no presets) and am working on the same for Bazille - one advantage of the new structure is it negates the need for direct links as stuff is just easier to find. For u-he plugins just look in the u-he folder. Most u-he plugins already support NKS but not ACE or Bazille.

• Kymeia
    Options

Added Bazille and Triplecheese templates too - these can all be used to save presets with now

• Kymeia
    Options

This isn't working out, the ARP patches still do not play back correctly for me.