NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,778 mod
    Options

I had a look at it and it looks nice but I have several EPs already and this doesn't even appear to be physically modelled since it's an 8GB download

• Warren Postma
    Warren Postma Member Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I'm trying to get diva vst2 on mac, to create nksf exports and having this error from Komplete Control.

"Saving file failed.

Sorry this didn't work."

I get this error when trying to convert presets to nksf.

I am following the docs..

Saving in NKS format

While the native, h2p and h2p extended options cause Zebra2 to save presets into the currently selected preset directory, .nks files go directly into the preset location used for Komplete Kontrol or Maschine, so they do not appear in Zebra2’s preset browser. To make them visible in Komplete Kontrol, open its preferences and rescan the preset locations.

Batch conversion

Right-click the [SAVE] button and set the target format to nks. Via cmd-click (Mac) or alt- click (Win), select all presets in the current folder you want to convert, then right-click any of the selected presets and choose convert to nks. The original files are not affected. 

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

As the message says this sounds like a permissions thing so check the folders being installed into are not write only - it might also be worth trying to save in another host and if you still have problems contact u-he. I doubt KK is at fault here though as I have done this dozens of times in KK. What was added later is the ability to create banks so before saving any patches as NKS create a bank first (just select all files in the band you want to export and drag them onto the bank name field in the tags menu) Then the NKS versions will show with a distinct bank name.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,365 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

It is clearly a permission problem. Your folder probably need admin rights to write data on it.

At least this was the reason on Windows and i suspect that things are more or less the same on Mac.

It happened to me when the presets was in the "Program Data" folder. From the time that i move all presets to "My Documents" problem solved, i can save easily.

EDIT: @Kymeia it seems that we post exactly at the same time, once again... 10:28 😄

• astavi
    astavi Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options

There are a few other sources, including the old thread. Idk why you'd say something like that.

• Sunborn
    Options

1- The old thread is accessible only through web archives and very few people will do such search.

2- Almost all the links of the old thread have updated versions here, except maybe some old plugins. And most of the old links are "dead" anyway. So, while is still a good source for info, it is useless as a source for NKS presets.

3- One more source, but very limited one, that i forgot to mention is this one.

4- I do not know any other source, if you know something, well.... post it! :-)

• Sunborn
    Options

Of course there is also the archive of jhorology, one of the pioneers that taught us many things!

But as i mention in the previous comment, those plugins are either old, either they have updated versions here.

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Along these lines, does anybody have B3X presets? It looks like somebody made them a while ago, but the link is dead, and I don't remember seeing them in the Dropbox.

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

Sorry not seen that one and I don’t have it myself but it’s a Hammond so shouldn’t be too hard to map

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Hey guys, I just updated to the new KK for VST3. Unfortunately all the u-he plug-ins don't work anymore. I did install the latest versions of u-he … Does it work for you?

• Sunborn
    Options

Only NKS for VST2 working, unless you get the latest version (for Mac only). Even so, only Zebra has this update. Advised to keep your VST2 versions, for now.

• Kymeia
    Options

If you are on Mac you need to download and install the latest u-he versions, then completely rescan your plugins, then they should work

As Sunborn says on Windows VST2 is best option but it's not as urgent as on Mac

• Daniel
    Options

Thank you so much guys, after the rescan on my Mac everything works fine!

• Daniel
    Options

Hey guys, as this forum doesn't have a good search function and for the sake of overview, did anyone think of creating an index that lists all the VST3 NKS libraries that exist already?

• Kymeia
    Options

Thought about it but it's a big job and needs someone with coding ability

I do plan to reorganise the NKS User Library when I have time. It's grown up gradually but is now a mess and a lot of older stuff is no longer relevent. You can search that using Dropbox search tools