Maschine and Ableton11....Control Maschine Software

Croco99
Croco99 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Maschine

Hello,

I cant find a solution for this issue:

When I use Maschine in Ableton, I am not able to move the time-indicator of the sequencer.Not in MAschine -Software, either in Ableton Sequencer.

(It is possible when I use it as standalone, but not as a plugin)

When I build a long Pattern, Im not able to move the Indicator to a certain part, so I have to hear the whole thing over and over again...this is so nagging...how is this done??

Second question is:

When I finished a recording of a pattern, I want to hear it directly in other drumsounds from the Library Browser .

When I select other drumsounds with the knob, it just plays the `prepared example sound`of the kit.

But I want my recorded pattern directly to hear in this chosen drumsounds with the knob.....how does it work?

I am pretty new with the Maschine, so I miss some experience with it.

Greetz

MArc

Best Answer

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Yah, this is known and somewhat expected behavior. The reason for this is because Live will control the master transport, so any VST won't change this unless Live tells it to. But there is a way to "cheat" and still get things to move around: switch Live to the arranger view and then try resizing the loop/punch recording region at the top. 

Changing its position as well as its size will also have its effect on Maschine's transport as well, thus allowing you to move it around.

As for your second question... that won't be possible. The sample you hear when you're browse through presets is actually a pre-recorded piece of audio, no more and no less. If you want to test your own pattern then the only way is to actually load in a new sound ("instrument").

Answers

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Yah, this is known and somewhat expected behavior. The reason for this is because Live will control the master transport, so any VST won't change this unless Live tells it to. But there is a way to "cheat" and still get things to move around: switch Live to the arranger view and then try resizing the loop/punch recording region at the top. 

Changing its position as well as its size will also have its effect on Maschine's transport as well, thus allowing you to move it around.

As for your second question... that won't be possible. The sample you hear when you're browse through presets is actually a pre-recorded piece of audio, no more and no less. If you want to test your own pattern then the only way is to actually load in a new sound ("instrument").
  • Croco99
    Croco99 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello Shelluser,

thx 4 the reply...

Ive tried this `cheat`...yea, it works, but it is odd not to have this easy option to manage my recording.

I asked the seller in the Shop for it. He although works with Maschine...he told me, he finishes his Maschine work as standalone, and when its ready, he stores the project in Maschine and then open it an a plugin in Ableton...

But really, this is not the best workflow, cause u cant hear the other Instruments while working in standalone mode.

It would be useful for many users ,if NI programmers would give that possibility.

Although give the possibility to let users size the Maschine window , when in plugin mode....it works only in standalone mode...sad....I always have to change it, cause I cannot reach the lower section in medium mode.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Maschine Plug-In is always synced with the DAW, this cannot be turned off so you have to control the playhead from the DAW. If you just starting out I suggest learning Song Mode first because it's easier to visualize where you are than Ideas View.

To listen to sounds played by your pattern you have to load them, you cant pre-hear things