NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Thank you so much guys, after the rescan on my Mac everything works fine!

• Daniel
    Daniel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Hey guys, as this forum doesn't have a good search function and for the sake of overview, did anyone think of creating an index that lists all the VST3 NKS libraries that exist already?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,903 mod
    Options

Thought about it but it's a big job and needs someone with coding ability

I do plan to reorganise the NKS User Library when I have time. It's grown up gradually but is now a mess and a lot of older stuff is no longer relevent. You can search that using Dropbox search tools

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,465 mod
    Options

I can do it. But first you need to reorganize your library in a sensible order (such as separate VST2 - VST3 folders with subfolders, shorted by Vendor etc. etc. or how you think best). Then I have to do it too and also anyone else has a personal dropbox library, however it is best that we all agree on a specific plan.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yeah that's the idea, in fact VST3 will be the main format rather than tucked into one folder, and there will be a legacy section for VST2

• Kymeia
    Options

Back to the Eventide H9 series - here is Mangledverb (VST3) - template plus presets

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wzga74x9i7xbzw/Mangledverb.zip?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

So far I've made a mockup folder with the root being Instruments and Effects - then each divided by developer/company. These will all be primarily VST3 but I will keep a folder for older NKS. If it's OK with you all I will also consolidate the various subfolders setup for different people's uploads (eg Christos) into this structure to make it easier to navigate for users and add a list of contributors in the root folder alongside the text file on how to make NKS and the one on where to put stuff. It's all got very messy over the many years this has been going. When it's all done I'll simply move these over into the main NKS User Library and replace the old content.

• Kymeia
    Options

Also:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ejy5g1l4xnxrre/Eiosis%20Air%20EQ%20Premium%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

I made this before I bought the Pulsar one, think they are quite similar in some ways, the Pulsar is a bit more simplistic but both are good

• Sunborn
    Options

the root being Instruments and Effects - then each divided by developer/company.

If you do it like this, then we will have 2 different folders for each developer/company. One for Instruments, one for FX. But, if you do it vice-versa (developer/company, divided to Instruments and FX), all plugins will be under a main developer/company folder.

will all be primarily VST3 but I will keep a folder for older NKS.

Fully agree on this, VST2 versions has to be preserved as well, at least until Steinberg completely stop support them. However, for plugins that they successfully migrated from VST2 to VST3, i think it is best to keep only the VST3 presets.

I will also consolidate the various subfolders setup for different people's uploads (eg Christos).

Also fully agreed, as long as they are inside the main developer/company folder, otherwise it might be messy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

....just some thoughts and suggestions, however i will follow your lead on this, whatever you decide.

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes you are right about starting with developer - that makes sense and also helps with those that come as instrument and effect like Multiphonics 2

• Kymeia
    Options

Can anybody remind me who posted the NKS for Neoverb? Search isn’t very good on this site

• Sunborn
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Options

Thanks - that's probably why I forgot - anyway it still works with the VST3

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,659 Expert
    Options

Now Available: Cherry Audio Novachord + Solovox NKS Library

This NKS library supports browsing of all factory presets for both the Cherry Audio Novachord and Solovox instruments and comes with a full controller map, tagged presets, sound previews and database/image files for the NKS browser. Supports either VST2 or VST3 plugin versions

• Kymeia
    edited May 2023
    Options

Update for Eventide H9 series Plugins:

Crystals, Ultratap and Mangledverb templates and presets have been updated with a more consistent mapping (in the case of Crystals I completely redid it with the VST3 as the first version was created a long time ago). I have also now completed templates for all the rest, but not presets yet as there are a lot to do. However this at least enables control and integration into Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. I will gradually add presets but there are a lot so it is taking time. Download from here for now till I complete the reorganisation of the NKS User Library:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d24fqwbnydzne1p/AABt5uy3MyaGVUY9O5Vq9mU3a?dl=0