Why Native Access installs Kontakt 7 with a product WITHOUT giving a choice for 6.x owners

Options
Bluebeat3
Bluebeat3 Member Posts: 25 Newcomer
edited February 2023 in Native Access

Tried to install a product that runs on my 6.53 Kontakt, that is installed on my system. Why is Native Access installs Kontakt 7, blathering something about a "must" and dependencies, not giving a choice to NOT install 7 (which I do not plan to install in the next couple of years if at all).

Seems this is done (very) intentionally, because it is a default. It does not offer to install a product by itself.

Can anybody from NI confirm what is happening and why NI installs unwanted software (Kontakt 7), when it is NOT the requirement for the piece software I tried to install? Would really like a clear answer.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bluebeat3
    Options

48 hours - no response.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

What, pray tell, is this mystery software of which you speak? I still use NA 1.x.x, so I have yet to encounter this.

• Bluebeat3
    Options

Action Strings 2.

Too bad I didn't make a screenshot. It did not give me a choice of not to install Kontakt7 player.

NA ver 3.1.0...

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,589 admin
    Options

Hi @Bluebeat3 was it this message about dependencies you've got?

Native Access Error: "Please grant permission to NTK Daemon to install dependencies"

If so, it's related to Native Access, and not Action Strings 2 requiring Kontakt 7. 🤔

Kontakt 7 Player is automatically available on Native Access right after it was released but you have an option whether to install it or not. Perhaps you click to install all?