S4MK3 problems Output and Headphones

Options
claudeclaude
claudeclaude Member Posts: 12 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi, headphones problems with s4mk3.

When I play a track for istance on Deck A with the fader open, I also hear the volume in my headphones Cue, Deck B with the fader down (the cue mix is 0), and also the audio comes out from the speakers only if I start Traktor and after the S4 otherwise I hear croaking in the distance.

All this is not due to the software because the same problems also happen with Virtual Dj

The firmware is the last updated version and latest Traktor Pro 3.5.2 version.

Pelase, Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

@Ryan_NI Any tips you can share here to get claude set-up??

• claudeclaude
    Options

S4MK3 Mac13 inch Mojave 10 14 6 but i tested also on Win 10 and the issue still exists

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022
    Options

Are you using the S4's default mapping? Did you make any changes to the mapping? Do you still have warranty for your unit?

Also can you go into your OS audio/midi and take a pic of the s4 properties and post it?

• claudeclaude
    Options

Yes i'm using default mapping without any change, there's no more warranty.

Thanks

• Wyley
    edited February 2022
    Options

@claudeclaude

I meant in Mac OS go to Utilities - Audio Midi Setup - Audio Devices and show me both the in/outs like this for you S4. Thanks.

• claudeclaude
    Options

Ok, do you need the picture of Traktor Kontrol s4 Mk3 page ?

• Wyley
    Options
  • claudeclaude
    Options

No no, absolutely new

• claudeclaude
    Options

I think it's a S4 audio card problem, not a Mac or Traktor 3 problem because i have same issue on Windows and on Virtual Dj

• Wyley
    Options

Ok you bought it new so when did this issue start happening then?

• claudeclaude
    Options

The controller is Nov 2018, the issue starts yesterday

• Wyley
    Options

From what I read you only get sound to your speakers on if you start Traktor first. Also you can hear Deck A from the headphones but not Deck B is this correct?

If so your sound card might not be the issue but most likely the controls. I say this cause you S4 has 4outs, 2 for main and 2 for headphones and if you are hearing from both then the issue is probably in the units controls.

• claudeclaude
    edited February 2022
    Options

While i'm playing deck a with fader A up, in Deck B cue headphones (with fader down) i hear both Deck A and Deck B in my headphones. The cue doesn't isolate the sound.

About the speakers I hear the music output on if I randomly turn on and turn out the power switch

• Wyley
    Options

Ok

Setup Traktor like this and start moving faders and pressing the headphone cues and see what happens with the gui. Pay attention to the bottom right at the mix knob and see if thats moving also. Let me know if it's all working

After doing this go to the back of your unit and wiggle the usb cable and see if the controller glitches.

• claudeclaude
    Options

Done, if I move the faders and the headphones cue, everything works and answers, but the knob of headphones volume and cue mix don't move if I move on S4.

Any glitches if I wiggle the USB cable