NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,807 mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

Preview folder - so far just u-he but I have others to post later

Posted what I have for Hive now too - again some I created myself but not all are for banks I have personally (yet) - some are previews made by others including Christos that I have just collected in case I picked up the banks at some point, apologies if I can't recall everyone but thanks to all contributors

• Axis
    Axis Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hello,

I don't quite understand the point of distributing your previews without the corresponding *.nksf files ?

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Because we are not going to get into sharing commercial nksf banks as it would basically be like giving away someone else's products and therefore illegal. However people can save their own nksf patches using Komplete Kontrol (one by one) and some plugins, including all NKS compatible u-he plugins, bx Oberhausen and Knifonium, can batch export their own nksf files, but not the previews. So this is a way of enabling people to get hold of those to save them the effort of creating their own (which is also possible but time consuming without automation)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,387 mod
    Options

A compromising solution between the last 2 comments could be to share nksf for free banks... since they are free...

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yes absolutely, I have done that on occasion, although usually as a matter of courtesy I ask permission from the person who made it where possible. In relation to sharing previews though I think we are safe and given they can be a chore to create sharing those we have made seems a good idea.

• Axis
    Axis Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My nksf and previews are generated by third party software. I don't see where the problem is.
    More over, it is open source software that generates them. 
    And I give a boost to NI to democratize its product...

So I don't think it's illegal.
    sorry for my bad English

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

What NKS and previews are you referring to? What you make for your own use is up to you, we are discussing what is ok to share on this forum, NKS copies of commercial patches without the authors consent would not be, no matter what software was used to generate it.

• Sunborn
    edited January 2023
    Options

I will try to explain:

It is not about the software you use of course but about the banks themselves. If you use a free bank, its ok for me, but, if you use a commercial bank and then you share those nksf, i can use your files without actually buy that bank. This is because the plugin recognize all the values as if i already have the presets. Then, i can save those presets as plugin format (in our case as .h2p files) and voila! I suddenly have the commercial bank, without actually buy it. THIS, is the illegal part, not your conversion itself.

• Sunborn
    edited January 2023
    Options

Nothing special here, just a quick evening task that i did for me (and for the "lazy" ones). Instead of looking at an endless list and an all-in-one folder, here is ZebraHZ Factory NKS, re-arranged by folder (as the presets), re-tagged by sub-bank etc. and with Kymeia's previews. It is much easier now to understand what is what.

• Kymeia
    Options

Cool thanks.

I've been busy creating previews for the Repro banks I have plus added some previews I've collected or been sent by others forum members so added those and also the banks I've converted from Knifonium and BX Oberhausen and also one for Serum (gradually saving patches in that one by one)

• Sunborn
    Options

i can upload previews for Serum, all Factory ones (+ their nkfs), plus 12 other banks (the previews only)

• Kymeia
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thanks I have Previews for Serum factory as I bought the Freelance NKS version so I didn't want to upload those as they were made by Jester. I have just uploaded previews for the Massive X banks I have. Working my way through Massive, Absynth and FM8 now but that will take a few days as I have loads of banks for those.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Does anybody know where to locate or have the previews for LA Scoring Strings 3?

Also, whilst tagged as Audiobro product, this appears alongside the Native Instruments products in KK (there is no option for Audiobro in vendors). Has anybody encountered this issue?

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Sorry, that last post was a little blunt. If anybody would kindly be able to assist, or has any insight would be much appreciated. :D

• Kymeia
    Options

I'm sorry I don't know of that product, hope someone does