How to prevent Kontakt Processor Usage Overload?

TopoTone
TopoTone Member Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2022 in Native Access

I've seen the official statement about no certification for my new M1 Pro MacBook Pro, and Monterey, but...I need to work on a project, and my DAW throws up the overloaded system constantly. I've tried starting up Digital Performer in Rosetta 2 mode, but that has absolutely no affect. I bought the full version and assumed the product would be updated in a timely manner, but this is quite disappointing. Wondering if anyone has a workaround? Or some words of hope as to a forthcoming update. I've been forced to have only 1 instrument loaded, Noire, but even with only that loaded, it hovers at around 85% proc usage and jumps to overload often. Thanks for any comment on the issue.

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Razertone unfortunately there's no workaround until Kontakt is fully compatible with Monterey. We currently have an M1 + Monterey compatible version of Kontakt available for a beta test though. If you wanna try it out pls let the team know in this post here: Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility

Answers

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

What were you using before your new MBP? Surely you can use the older setup. Right now it seems like Ableton, Garageband and maybe Logic are made to run on the new Apple M1 pro machines right now.

• TopoTone
    TopoTone Member Posts: 16 Member

I have a 12 year old iMac. I've migrated my whole workflow over the M1 Pro. Digital Performer 11 is M1 native now. It's smooth as can be with everything except kontakt :(

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

I gotta wait for my other programs to catch up with my M1 and Monterey (still on big sur) before I fully commit to moving everything over to it. For now I'm still on my 2012 MBP for Traktor and Reason and believe it or not I have fully working backup of older versions on a 2007 MacBook ready to go if for some reason I need it. lol.

Good luck getting your project together. I have one that's gotta be ready by April.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Razertone unfortunately there's no workaround until Kontakt is fully compatible with Monterey. We currently have an M1 + Monterey compatible version of Kontakt available for a beta test though. If you wanna try it out pls let the team know in this post here: Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility