NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

And they say Santa isn't real! Christos and Kymeia... Thanks guys.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,779 mod
    Options
  • Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    Options

Faster than the speed of light, indeed! 😮

Thank you!

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
    Options

Just realised that since either the 2.8.0 or 2.8.1 update, the MST logo only seems to load the picture from the main Korg images folder for both of the screens (i.e the main browser screen and plugin screen). Previously it would load separate images for both, hence the reason I put a slightly altered image in the secondary folder relating to the plugin window. I didn't do this for the Modwave as I hadn't realised until now.

Not a biggie really, but if this is the format moving forward, I will leave as is. If they do revert back I will fix it in line with the others, just because I am a bit of a stickler for these things. I think this is a universal thing and not just something I am experiencing.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,368 mod
    edited December 2022
    Options

I did some expansions of the new version of Vanguard, but i was not sure if it was ok to publish them, since it is a commercial product separate from the "Factory" release. Many plugins have their own preset format and without those presets the NKS not really works, so i think its ok to post them (since for someone to use them, they require the original presets). However, this is not the case for .fxp/.fxb files since the plugin recognize the NKS parameters and play correctly, even if you don't have the presets. So I decided to not post them.

Can you advice me what are we doing in such cases? Is it ok to post stuff that exist outside of the "factory" release, or not? Thank you

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

I would say if something is not Factory not to go there unless you have permission (even if it's free I try and ask) if there is a chance that the NKS version would mean the presets would fully load for someone who has not bought the add-on bank

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

Well, exporting nks it's much easier work than to create a good logical template, so thank you too!

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

I guess it is if you have the ability to automate the process in some way and are not doing it one at a time by hand - I've been doing that all weekend for Quanta 2 and that is slow and I get quickly bored with it but enjoy the challenge of learning a new plugin and find mapping it helps that process by making me consider how it all fits together functionally (with the reward of gaining the tactile control I prefer)

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 108 Helper
    Options

Christos and Kymeia are stars and a great team!

• jggorman
    Options

I've never had to resort by saving presets by hand, but there have definitely been some challenges, even with Keyboard Maestro. The most challenging is when there is no way to select the name of the preset in the plugin. For that, I almost always find there is a folder somewhere that has the presets and in my macro I switch into the finder to copy the file name in sync with the rest of the NKS save. Of course if you are trying to get accurate tags, this might not prove to be enough to avoid doing it by hand.

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022
    Options

I've updated the Audiodamage Quanta VST3 2 template with all factory, artists and creative series presets. Deeply tagged - all by hand. The only thing missing now is previews, not in a position to make those.

Don't worry that the preset name doesn't usually get updated by the NKS - that's just a bug in the plugin, but the patch still loads

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

When i'm working in my MAC i use Keyboard Masestro too. For my windows pc's i use winautomation and Power Automate on my Win 11 (included for free in Win 11 and has the same features as winautomation)

In rare cases when the plugin has no files to export a list in a spreadsheet, or no database to work with, i use OCR

Tags is another story, that's why i'm starting to create a Metagrid project and some autohotkey scripts, which all together work with Maschine.

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks again - yes I think Equator 2 often takes a while to properly load a patch so if you save the NKS too quickly before it is fully loaded it will only capture part of it

• jggorman
    Options

Sunborn, that's impressive!