NKS User Library

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,723 mod
    edited December 2022

I guess it is if you have the ability to automate the process in some way and are not doing it one at a time by hand - I've been doing that all weekend for Quanta 2 and that is slow and I get quickly bored with it but enjoy the challenge of learning a new plugin and find mapping it helps that process by making me consider how it all fits together functionally (with the reward of gaining the tactile control I prefer)

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 106 Helper

Christos and Kymeia are stars and a great team!

• jggorman

I've never had to resort by saving presets by hand, but there have definitely been some challenges, even with Keyboard Maestro. The most challenging is when there is no way to select the name of the preset in the plugin. For that, I almost always find there is a folder somewhere that has the presets and in my macro I switch into the finder to copy the file name in sync with the rest of the NKS save. Of course if you are trying to get accurate tags, this might not prove to be enough to avoid doing it by hand.

• Kymeia
    edited December 2022

I've updated the Audiodamage Quanta VST3 2 template with all factory, artists and creative series presets. Deeply tagged - all by hand. The only thing missing now is previews, not in a position to make those.

Don't worry that the preset name doesn't usually get updated by the NKS - that's just a bug in the plugin, but the patch still loads

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro

When i'm working in my MAC i use Keyboard Masestro too. For my windows pc's i use winautomation and Power Automate on my Win 11 (included for free in Win 11 and has the same features as winautomation)

In rare cases when the plugin has no files to export a list in a spreadsheet, or no database to work with, i use OCR

Tags is another story, that's why i'm starting to create a Metagrid project and some autohotkey scripts, which all together work with Maschine.

• Kymeia

Thanks again - yes I think Equator 2 often takes a while to properly load a patch so if you save the NKS too quickly before it is fully loaded it will only capture part of it

• Kymeia

Another update for the Valhalla NKS versions for VST3, just cleaned up a few params (VST3 only)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ff5b1hqpbd6nf0i/Valhalla%20DSP%20VST3%20NKS.zip?dl=0

• jggorman

Sunborn, that's impressive!

• astavi
    astavi Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2022

Just made NKS files for the Cinematic Rooms factory presets. Tagged and set to 50% mix.

• Adrenock
    Adrenock Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I'm trying to make Nils' K1v (a Kawai K1 emulator) work. I have no problem making the plug-in itself work, saving presets and making the previews, but for some reason I can't get the images to work even though I can make it work for anything else.

The synth name has an apostrophe in it (Nils' K1v), and I'm wondering if that's causing the problem. Is that possible?

• Kymeia

It may well be, but I seem to remember there already being a NKS conversion for that plugin - I think it was posted in the old forum but a search should locate it

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,324 mod
    edited December 2022

Yes, the apostrophe is the problem. Use nils k1v for folder and metadata names, and Nils K1v inside .json files

or just download this (note: the images are from the old forum, i only fixed the names)

• Adrenock
    Adrenock Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Found it, and thank you!

• jggorman
    edited December 2022

Adrenock at times I've had crazy names so bad that I had to write a script that would paste the name in a text editor and then do a few search and replaces on characters. If only those responsible for naming the presets knew the future woes they would cause....