Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Komplete Kontrol S61 The Gentleman pedal effect

cindyli
cindyli Member Posts: 1 Noise

Hi, I am new to midi keyboard. I am using The Gentleman and it seems like no matter how high I turn up the resonances, I can't hear the "pedal effect", they just sound the same no matter what. So I wonder do I really need to purchase a sustain pedal so the notes can sound more connected or is there anything I can do with the setting?

Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Anacortes, WA, USA Member Posts: 219 Saw
    Answer ✓

AFAIK the pedal resonance is triggered only when the VSTi receives CC#64 which is the MIDI sustain command. It is binary and is off at 0 and on at 127. If you do not have a sustain pedal, you will not hear the effect.

If you are in a DAW, you can program (draw in) CC#64 in the midi track as a workaround.

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Anacortes, WA, USA Member Posts: 219 Saw
    Answer ✓

AFAIK the pedal resonance is triggered only when the VSTi receives CC#64 which is the MIDI sustain command. It is binary and is off at 0 and on at 127. If you do not have a sustain pedal, you will not hear the effect.

If you are in a DAW, you can program (draw in) CC#64 in the midi track as a workaround.