Is there software that comes with Maschine that isn't included in Komplete Ultimate?

BassCanadaBass
BassCanadaBass Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi,

I'm looking at getting Komplete 12 Ultimate second hand, & a used Maschine (without software).

Will I be missing anything from the usual software included with Maschine? If so, how much would that additional software cost? (if it's even possible to buy separately).

Thanks so much!

Best Answers

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

The Maschine 2 Software and the Maschine 2 Factory Library are not part of any Komplete Bundle.

Which version of the Maschine hardware are you going to get? Depending on the hardware type and version, you may automatically get a new M2SW license after registering the hardware.

There’s an interesting thread about the M2SW license concept here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-mk3-hardware-only.428047/#post-2000149

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

@BassCanadaBass Wow! I was looking mostly at Maschine Studio, but sounds like I should look for an MK3 and not worry about buying the software separately.

The MK3 comes packed with 8 GB of factory content + Komplete Select

With that, you already have a serious amount of possibilities.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert
    edited January 2022

Pretty sure you would miss basically everything specific to Maschine such as the Maschine software, Maschine factory library and whatever expansions come with Maschine as none of that is included with the Ultimate bundles.

It use to be a requirement to have a license transfer for the software since both HW and SW were tied together which makes sense as they come as a package and shouldn't be possible to keep the software and sell the hardware part.

There was word years ago that NI opened up purchases of just the software if you had a hardware controller without the software (I guess you need to provide a serial or something) but that info seems to now be lost or broken so may need someone at NI to chime in with actual facts on what you need to/can do

@Matt_NI is probably the guru for that

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓

The Maschine 2 Software and the Maschine 2 Factory Library are not part of any Komplete Bundle.

Which version of the Maschine hardware are you going to get? Depending on the hardware type and version, you may automatically get a new M2SW license after registering the hardware.

There’s an interesting thread about the M2SW license concept here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-mk3-hardware-only.428047/#post-2000149

• BassCanadaBass
    BassCanadaBass Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Wow! I was looking mostly at Maschine Studio, but sounds like I should look for an MK3 and not worry about buying the software separately.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Answer ✓

@BassCanadaBass Wow! I was looking mostly at Maschine Studio, but sounds like I should look for an MK3 and not worry about buying the software separately.

The MK3 comes packed with 8 GB of factory content + Komplete Select

With that, you already have a serious amount of possibilities.

• xr0ckstar808
    xr0ckstar808 Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2022

You'll be missing the maschine factory library. I bought a mk3 second hand and email Ni in the license transfer page with receipt of purchase and pictures of the maschine mk3 serial number and ask them nicely. I already had a s49 keyboard and ultimate. Upon research I found I was missing the maschine factory library and one expansion. Be warned if you're buying it from a person that doesn't want to lose their software once you tell NI you dont have contact with them it will no longer be available to the original owner. Mine was used from guitar center so I have no idea on previous owner.