Please help - can't download Native Access or NTKDaemon on new m1 max

Options
George Bloomfield
George Bloomfield Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Please help advise on this, I've been trying for days! No reply from NI support yet and I have work to do needing Kontakt

When I go to download, I keep getting an error. Both the NTKDaemon and the native access won't download. I guess the native access won't download without the NTKDaemon. I have gone into the permission and made sure that native access is turned on. Out of ideas now!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@George Bloomfield Even though Native Access 2 doesn't need Rosetta itself, installing the NTKDaemon requires it. Make sure you have Rosetta installed.

If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

• spacelake
    spacelake Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Are there plans to make NTKDaemon M1 Universal?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@spacelake yes there is, it is still needed in Rosetta for a couple of programs.

• MyNameIsHere_
    MyNameIsHere_ Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Anyone here for whom this didn't solve it either?

• Made sure Rosetta 2 is installed
    • Gave Native Access rights to writing onto the harddrive
    • Opened the NTKDaemon Installer directly (via right-click on NI Access, Ressources folder, etc...)
    • Deinstalling and re-downloading

None of this solved the problem here on a new M1 Pro MacBook Pro running Mac OS 12.12.1 Monterey. I fear I won't get a reply by the support any time soon as it is the end of the year. Thought I'll add to this thread in tiny hopes of finding anyone with a solution (or the same problem), as I have to travel quite a bit starting tomorrow.

Cheers to everyone!