Busy season in progress... Please note that due to a high volume of requests, the response time from our support is currently longer than usual. Chat is temporarily not available. We thank you for your understanding.

Route and record S4 MK3 with Maschine and Ableton 10

DjObed
DjObed Member Posts: 7 Sine

Oké, I’ve been trying and searching and still have no best solution.

I want to record my output (as a mix) from my Traktor mk3 and the output from my Maschine. For recording I have a Mac with Ableton live 10 light and I’m borrowing a Flow8 (Behringer).

Now I only have 1 usb input towards Ableton but I would love to make the input separate.

Maybe I can do it with this setup, maybe not and I need another mixer/audio interface, but can someone please give me hints? (or questions if my questions isn’t clear 😊)

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI BerlinAdministrator Posts: 989 admin

Are you using only your headphones? Is the Maschine output plugged into the Traktor controller input?

A soundcard would definitely help here. As soon as you have to route several device into your computer, that's the way to go for audio quality and stability.

• DjObed

Hi, thank you,

I know I can put the Maschine into traktor and use one of the faders for Maschine. But I rather keep that fader free for my dj-ing.

maybe this picture helps… I also get confused 😵‍💫 and I just wanna make music 🤩

My MacBook is used for Maschine, Traktor, Ableton (recordings), the interface/mixer software.

The interface/mixer is used to pre listen before put into the mix. And I would like to change volume of main and monitor separate. And I would prefer to stay digital, not use 2 balanced lines for out put from Maschine and Traktor to the mixer/interface. Output from interface is xlr or another balanced line of course.

Is this a crazy setup? Is there a better way?…

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg SingaporeMember Posts: 30 Tri
    edited August 5

Follow this Apple Support article at https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202000 to create an Aggregate Device for your setup.

• DjObed

Thank you! Really helpful!

is there any mixer or interface you would recommend?

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg SingaporeMember Posts: 30 Tri

I am glad it helps you.

I don’t have any recommendation on digital mixer as it can be quite subjective. Perhaps others can chime in?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI BerlinAdministrator Posts: 989 admin