Mapping 2 Units of X1 Controllers

Bassam
Bassam Member Posts: 4 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hello I see there are custom mapping for X1 controllers working on 2 Units (4 Decks) But When I try to create custom mappings I can only do it for one unit, How do I create custom mapping for 2 Units (4 Decks Setup)

Tagged:

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

You would need to create two seperate mappings, one for each unit.

If you just want to be able to control 4 decks with 2 X1 and no extra functions, then you can do this out of the box i believe. At least you could do it with the X1Mk1; i am not sure about the Mk2.

Does anyone else have experience with those devices? I'm looking at you @Stevan. 🙃

• Bassam

Out of the box It does control the 4 decks but I don't want these functionalities and I want to make custom mapping but the problem is when I go to the Controller manager, in the port list (For connected midi Devices) the X1 shows as one device, even when 2 units are connected, The mapping then become for one of the two devices the second device can only work in NHL mode, not Midi. I think those 4deck mapping out there are modified scripts for the NHL mode. I don't understand How I may create a mapping that works for the NHL mode. I guess that's the question now.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Sounds like you have MK1 hardware. Which I don't know how it works with multiple units connected.

But I know that mapping commands for the FX Units can be assigned to any of those 4 units. So it should be possible. Maybe someone else knows more.

• Bassam

I found that if I connected the two X1 controllers on separate USB input Traktor Recognizes two devices and I can create a mapping for each one, that solved it and I can do what I had in mind.

Still, I wish to know how NHL mapping works. The following post goes into NHL mapping but it's not clear to me how it's done, I appreciate it if anyone can direct me to somewhere I can learn to do it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/nhl-mapping-expert-questions.120089/