Kontrol S4 MK3 Haptic TT Issues

djrichy5
djrichy5 Member Posts: 17 Member

I noticed the jog wheels in TT mode are chaotic! When I try to scratch on a cue, the track drifts backwards. If I try to backspin, it goes haywire. Wish I could post a video of the issue. I was at a gig when this happened and gig 3-4 days a week. So if anyone has info, please let me know. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

@djrichy5Thanks for sharing the solution @djrichy5. I can confirm that the Traktor team is aware of the problem. While they're looking into this, downgrading to a previous version of Controller Editor (or 2.6.2) should resolve the issue.

Answers

• fanatax
    fanatax Member Posts: 21 Helper

what‘s your macOS version? since when does this happen to you? any prior version combinations working fine?

• djrichy5

@fanatax I'm currently on Big Sur 11.4. I've haven't made any changes or installs. This happened a few days ago. I typically don't update to the OS or Traktor as I professionally DJ for a living. Changes can cause problems 😆. I hope to find a solution before I need to ask for NI support.

• Elaflume
    Elaflume Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi, I have the same problem, only when the TT mode is turned on on two decks, when scratching on one of them, they start to randomly rotate in different directions on their own, I can’t find a solution to the problem

• djrichy5

@Elaflume Yes! The exact same problem! When did this start for you?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

I had a similar issue, for me it was mechanical / foreign object inside the controller. I fixed it by holding the controller upside down and shook it. I could hear something rattling in it.

Somehow that fixed it ..

But I also read about a software problem on this forum. There is another thread where someone had weird jog behavior with the s4.

• Elaflume
    edited June 2022

I installed the new Monterey operating system on my macbook pro 16, And yesterday I found the cause of the problem, OS Monterey has a power saving function, I turned it off and the jogs began to work correctly, at least you can do backspin and correctly configure the grid, but the bug with TT mode did not disappear, all the same, when it is turned on on two decks, if you move the jog wheel, it will also rotate either to the left or to the right, this is 100% something with the system

• MarKsie
    MarKsie Member Posts: 4 Member

Following this. Same issue after Monterey 12.4 update. Jog wheels go nuts in TT mode with no issue prior to update.

NI … HELP!

• Kaiwan_NI

Hi @djrichy5 @Elaflume what version of Controller Editor are you using?

Can you try these steps below and let us know if they help?

Troubleshooting Jog Wheel Issues with the TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 / S3 / S4

• djrichy5

Hey @Kaiwan_NI I am on the current Controller Editor 2.7.3. (Also noticed the Kotnrol S4 MK3 wasn't a part of the hardware list.) I tried adjusting the tension on the jog wheels, however, that made no changes. @lord-carlos I tried your technique and made sure there wasn't any debris underneath. Still nothing. Thanks for the suggestion! @Elaflume We're having the same issue. Jog mode does work and has been a saving grace. I do cut/ scratch in my sets so the buggy TT mode is concerning.

@Kaiwan_NI Also I will say, I did update the controller not to long ago when updating some Komplete 13 items in Native Access. Not sure if updating the Controller Editior is causing the problem 🤷🏾‍♂️.

• djrichy5
    edited June 2022

I have found the culprit!!! @Kaiwan_NI I mentioned I updated some Komplete 13 updates. I pressed "Updated All" in which the controller editior was updated as well. I thought nothing of it (I don't dig too deep in customizing midi controls.) Under futher thought, I realized this had to be a software issue due to respondsiviness of the "controller" (S4 MK3 ) with human interaction. The only change that could effect the controller would be the "Controller Editior."

Basically, I downgraded the Controller Editor and now it works!

There is a MAJOR bug that has caused the sporadic rotation in equivalence to back spinning/ backtracking/ back rotations in TT mode.

I hope this helps @Elaflume @MarKsie @lord-carlos and to those who were affected as well as the NI team to find the bug and update the Controller Editor software.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 566 Pro

Forgot I saw the same answer a while back, your mention of the Editor reminded me.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

any official statement from NI on this @Kaiwan_NI ? Sounds like a major screw up? How did this pass Q&A?

• Elaflume
  • djrichy5

No problem!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Answer ✓

@djrichy5Thanks for sharing the solution @djrichy5. I can confirm that the Traktor team is aware of the problem. While they're looking into this, downgrading to a previous version of Controller Editor (or 2.6.2) should resolve the issue.