Save collection = Storing Collection

Options
Typoboy
Typoboy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi there,

Does someone here knows if manually Save Collection is the same thing that Traktor software does automatically when you quit and it displays “Storing Track Collection Window” ?

In other words, to be sure my collection is properly saved, I need to know if I have to do both :

1. Save Collection (right Clic on Track Collection and Save)

2. AND quit Traktor

as it says here that "TRAKTOR creates a backup of your Track Collection each time you close the program" 

thx to the community

Tagged:

Comments

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 365 Guru
    edited June 2022
    Options

They're the same thing. Although if for some reason Traktor crashes on shutdown, it might not perform the Save (on my system, this happens when I have certain other software running). So I have trained myself to always manually do it before I exit the program. I assigned it a shortcut key and just hit that before closing (or even just after extended metadata update sessions, even if I'm not planning on shutting the app down yet. I feel like Traktor is unstable enough that I risk losing my work otherwise.)

• Typoboy
    Typoboy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited June 2022
    Options

many Thx for your answer Wayfinder

I have lost 2 days of work recently with the F%ù#g Flushing Background Tasks message when quitting Traktor :-(

A friend of mine finally identified that it was because of traktor and the sleep mode of my computer,

at the end of the 1st day i didn't saved my collection and I lowered the screen to put my macbook in sleep mode...

then I worked another day but when I wanted to quit I get stuck with the Flushing Background Tasks Message from hell !

Until that day I never noticed Traktor was saving collection only when quitting...

Like you, I have also assigned a CMD+S shortcut (****** ?! why traktor doesn't have a standard SAVE shortcut implemented ?)