Maschine 3.0

Jakob Zimmermann
Jakob Zimmermann Member Posts: 7 Member

Hey y'all,

I'm working with Maschine software as my main DAW (I make beats and loops). I also have Logic, Ableton and FL but I just love the workflow and the simplicity of Maschine. However there are a few things missing to make it a full DAW actually (i.e. easier way of importing drums, better automation drawing, audio quantization, more exporting options and more). Other DAWs like Logic or FL make those major updates all the time why isn't Native Instruments doing so? I'd love to see Maschine 3.0 and I'm really interested in what you think of this topic.

Comments

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

Maschine is a groovebox, not a DAW.

• Jakob Zimmermann
    Jakob Zimmermann Member Posts: 7 Member

yup I agree.. unfortunately... it seems like NI is concentrating more on the things that bring them money in the short run (Kontakt Banks, Hardware, collaborations and One Shot Kits...). But I think there are quite a lot of producers that would use Maschine as a standalone again if it had those added features we talked about.

• AlphaCentori
    AlphaCentori Member Posts: 12 Member

If they upgraded Maschine V1 to V2 why wouldn't they upgrade it to V3. It's only a matter of time i think.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

The next version should be around the corner, if instead of it being named let's say 2.15 it's named 3.0 what difference would it make? It would still have the same stuff. 3.0 Is just a number...

Maschine adopted long ago an incremental smaller change update cycle, which is supposed to = more updates per year but with smaller changes, if even this feels slow I can't imagine a major update which usually implies a considerable amount of new features packed into a single version.

This is just me speculating but for a major version to be justified a full re-write would be in order, getting rid of the old codebase and libraries that make everything so slow and maybe even some things impossible, that's a major endeavour that would take a ton of time and resources tho, it's kind of what 2.0 was supposed to be.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 144 Advisor

Making the Maschine software an actual DAW might kill the workflow philosophy of the software. On the other hand, a few adjustments might be very handy: for instance a better piano roll, a graphical EQ...Quality of life improvements that would help a lot but don't change the initial idea behind the application.For the time being I'm just hoping that Maschine and all other NI software will become Apple M1 native as soon as possible.

• coarsy
    coarsy Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi, I'm only producing everything with the Maschine software, my little Maschine Mikro MK1 and my A49 keyboard. My debut album is completely produced with Maschine only. I see no need for using another DAW or another software to complete my tracks. I'm missing only a few things which would make my workflow so much easier:

• Possibility to select and drag more than one scene at once
    • Copy and paste automations

Hope that this "little" things will arrive in Maschine soon...

• Hit-Man
    Hit-Man Member Posts: 23 Helper
    edited January 2022

"Possibility to select and drag more than one scene at once"

This right here would be the game changer!

I've made a couple threads talking about how we need the ability to copy and paste multiple scene's at the same time in the Maschine software.

In one thread I talked about a "clunky" way to use "Clips" to copy and paste multiple scenes. Here's a gif.

We need the ability to do what's being done in that gif but with regular Scene's and patterns. How could anyone that makes complete songs(not just 4 and 8 bar loops) in Maschine not want this feature?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

That along with splitting and merging are a few of the most requested things in regards to Clips, they are aware. Hopefully, such a small change won't require waiting for a major (3.0) version or we won't see it anytime soon.

Nice GIF skills btw 👍

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Indeed, those hi-res graphical screens are sorely underused.

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor