Mapping Headphone Cueing

Options
13»

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,797 mod
    Options

There are no Cue Mix or Cue Volume controls for the X1MK3 out of the box. Good to know that we discussed something completely different in the last posts.

But,

the DJ DJM-250MK2 provides everything you need to listen to your mixer channels, including Cue Mix and Cue Volume, right?

• Marty F
    Marty F Member Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I am heavily disabled and found using the Knobs on the X1MK3 really easy to use, never mind. If I can find out how to downgrade tomorrow I will.

Thanks for trying to help anyway 👊

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,702 mod
    Options

It sounds like you want to switch to Internal mixing mode and completely bypass your external Pioneer mixer.

• Marty F
    Options

No I, wanted to be able to use the 4th knob on my X1 mk 3 to control Cueing Volume. I wanted to kee my settings as normal but be able to use this function. Apparently its only available if I downgrade to the previous version of Traktor Pro I had.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to get the terminology right: In a previous version you where able to control the deck volume (Not cue volume) while being in external mixing mode.

And I assume you then cue that deck on the DJM, and it kinda felt like cue volume :D There never was a per deck cue volume.

In theory you where able to turn down a deck in traktor, while having the faders all the way up on the external mixing mode. Which could result in unexpected behavior and thus was removed.

You can roll back to a previous version by looking into your backup folder that Traktor should have made for you.

• Marty F
    Options

What sort of unexpected behaviour could i expect ?

• Marty F
    Options

No Lord, I was able to control the Cue volume

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Out of the box (no custom overmapping, no mods) this is impossible. As @lord-carlos wrote above: you were able to control Deck-Volume, not Cue Monitor (headphone) Volume. If your headphone really changed in levels, then only indirectly, because your Cue Mix was set to listen to Main Output and changing Deck-Volume therefore (in two steps) also changed your headphone levels.

This is my technical assessment and i in no way doubt what you experienced. Only your conclusions of what actually happened may be wrong.

Also: Downgrading will not help you get Cue Monitor Volume on the knobs.

Here is the Traktor way of using the Cue Monitor (and an explanation what it actually is):

Recommendation 1: Use the Pioneer to connect your headphones and prelisten your track by assigning a channel to the Cue Monitor pathway the hardware provides.

Recommendation 2: Overmap the Knobs to Cue Monitor controls; one for Cue Mix, the other for Cue Volume. You won't get screen feedback on the X1, but it should still work. The link above will provide the details you need to know to get the Traktor GUI show you the software states of the controls.

🦋

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

There never ever was a per deck cue volume.

And with external mixing mode there would also be no cue volume of any kind. As Traktor would not know what track is previewed. With external mixing mode, when you press CUE on the DJM, traktor does not know about it.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

So, @Marty F : Any news on your Cue Monitor project?