Mapping Headphone Cueing

Options

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,796 mod
    Options

Do you have any qml-mods installed?

Do the other knobs control the equalizers as they are supposed to?

Does the 4th button toggle the cue monitor?

• Marty F
    Marty F Member Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I'm not sure ? What is qml-mods ? And yes the headphone light turns on when I press the forth button but, it doesn't do anything to the volume when I turn the knob.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,429 Expert
    Options

When you turn the knob, does traktor light up the midi signal indicator at the top?

• Marty F
    Options

Yes it flashes as I turn the knob

• lord-carlos
    Options

Well at least now we know the hardware still works.

• Marty F
    Options

LOL 👍 It's a good start

• lord-carlos
    edited March 21
    Options

Can you see on the x1 display that it is changing the volume when you rotate the encoder?

Also that encoder is controlling to master volume. Could it be that you are listening to CUE in your headphones?

• Marty F
    Options

Nothing on the X1 display to say it's changing the volume. None of the encoders change the master volume, should they ? I hope not.

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

The volume knobs should move the software channel faders up and down in the GUI. Are you in external mixing mode? If so, then channel volume control is deactivated (since TP 3.11.1). This would be the likeliest explanation.

QML-mods change the code that is used for the basic mapping of basically all controllers that NI added in the last 8+ years. There is link in my sig for a couple of mods for the X1MK3, including adding/replacing volume control with gain control for use with an external mixer with audio interface.

• Marty F
    Options

I am in external mode yes but it used to work even though I was in external mode.

If I change it to internal mode will, it still operate the same ? I'm guessing no and don't like to change the settings as, everything else is working fine. If you can change it I would ?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

I am in external mode yes but it used to work even though I was in external mode.

This has been changed by NI in the most recent update. They called it a bug fix. ^^

If I change it to internal mode will, it still operate the same ?

If you change it to internal mode, you may have to use different audio routing. What mixer/interface are you using?

If you can change it I would ?

What do you mean?

• Marty F
    Options

What is your sig Sûlherokhh ? Could you copy and paste the links to me ? Will Native Instruments be getting the X1 to control the volume in the headphones the same as 3.11.1 ? If not can you please advise me how I downgrade and get my TP 3.11.1 back ?

I hope you can ? I really, really do LOL

• Marty F
    Options

Pioneer DJ DJM-250MK2 mixer not sure what interface ?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

You can't switch to internal mixing mode without losing individual channel control on your mixer. The mix would be done inside Traktor and then sent to one channel of your mixer.

You would have to go back to using Traktor Pro 3.11.0. But there have been quite a few improvements since then and i wouldn't recommend to go back, especially in light of what's to come. Why don't you use the volume faders of your mixer? The volume knobs of the X1MK3 (used in internal mixing mode) do exactly the same thing.

Or are we talking about the volume of your headphones?

P.S. This is the link i was referring to: qml mods for X1MK3

• Marty F
    Options

The volume in the headphones