Mapping Headphone Cueing

Options
Marty F
Marty F Member Posts: 43 Member

My headphone cueing used to work on my X1 via, the 4th button and knob for volume. It stopped and in my wisdom I thought I could find it and Map it myself ? It wasn't so and was getting odd responses or nothing in my headphones.

Can anyone tell me how or what is the Mapping procedure ? Have mailed Native Instruments regarding and sent a Support Tool but ? They must be so busy and received nothing back at the moment. Can anyone advise the procedures needed also ? The bottom 2 knobs on my on screen mixer in Traktor Pro used to have Volume knobs which, have now turned to Pan ? I have know idea how to get my Volume buttons to appear on the Mixer screen ?

Can anyone help me please, it is making my DJ'ing so frustrating ? Thanks for any help with this matter anyone,

Martin

Best Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,376 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no monitor volume per deck.

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just to get the terminology right: In a previous version you where able to control the deck volume (Not cue volume) while being in external mixing mode.

And I assume you then cue that deck on the DJM, and it kinda felt like cue volume :D There never was a per deck cue volume.

In theory you where able to turn down a deck in traktor, while having the faders all the way up on the external mixing mode. Which could result in unexpected behavior and thus was removed.

You can roll back to a previous version by looking into your backup folder that Traktor should have made for you.

Answers

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,676 mod
    edited March 19
    Options

Add in --> Mixer --> Monitor Cue On

Add in --> Mixer --> Monitor Volume

Add in --> Mixer --> Monitor Mix

Thats the commands in subject^

What commands did you already try to add inside your mappings? And what generation is your X1?

• Marty F
    Options

It wouldn't let my assign a deck to control the volume, only Global ?

• Marty F
    Options

It nearly worked but only Global showing in assignment table ?

• Marty F
    Options

How, do I get Global in the assignment field to display Deck A > B > C > D

• lord-carlos
    Answer ✓
    Options

There is no monitor volume per deck.

• Marty F
    Options

When I first had my X1 I used to be able to Cue a track on either deck and alter the volume ? There were 2 Knobs at the bottom of my mixer screen that, gave you a visual representation of the Knobs you were twisting on your X1 MK3

• Marty F
    Options

When I first had my X1 I used to be able to Cue a track on either deck and alter the volume ? There were 2 Knobs at the bottom of my mixer screen that, gave you a visual representation of the Knobs you were twisting on your X1 MK3

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,758 mod
    Options

If you are talking about the Traktor GUI on your computer screen, Go into Preferences➔Mixer and check the box for (Mixer Layout)➔Crossfader, so that the Monitor controls become visible.

• Marty F
    Options

My X1 is a MK3, it used to work fine but, it is not the same since I upgraded my Traktor Pro ?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Try this. Remove your X1MK3 mapping from the controller manager, then load the default X1MK3 mapping. If you go into mixer mode (via MODE button), the bottom knobs will control volume and have feedback on the top two screens.

• Marty F
    edited March 20
    Options

Where can I get download the default mapping fir my XI mk3 ?

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

If you restart Traktor and connect the X1MK3, the default mapping is loaded automatically.

• Marty F
    Options

Where do load the default mapping from or,is it preset ?

• lord-carlos
    Options

If you remove your mapping, and restart Traktor, the x1 should just work.

• Marty F
    Options

O did as you said but the 4th knob is still not controlling the volume. What can I now try lord